Neighbours

Neighbours: New opening credits had actors’ names spelled incorrectly

The long-running soap returned to ELEVEN on Monday night and some eagle-eyed fans were less than impressed when they noticed some of the cast members’ names were spelled incorrectly in the show’s new opening titles.

Colette Mann, who plays Sheila, had her name mistakenly listed as Collette Mann. Zoe Cramond, who plays Amy, was listed as Zoe Crammond and even fan favourite Ryan Moloney, who plays Toadie, had his name misspelled in the credits.

I was wondering why there were no opening titles on the afternoon encore the next day.

There was also some bad editing with the green screen so that two cast members had parts of their arms go missing. :laughing: These were also fixed up in the new version last night.

It resulted in all sorts of piss take memes and trolling yesterday. Here’s one poking fun at the stylised backgrounds created, with some bad editing and a few spelling mistakes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Here are the corrected opening titles:

Are Steph and Paul now together on the show?

No, they run a motel together so are shown together outside their business.

Oh I see. How things change. I am sure they were sworn enemies at one point in the show.

Of course. It’s a soap. That’s what happens in soapies all the time. :laughing:

2 Likes

I know. Just proves how long since I last watched.

no they own a motel called Robinsons. Mark and Steph are together.

What they hell have they done?!
It looks terrible! I understand they have clearly had budget cuts and this enables credits to be changed easier as they are at Low budget high school grade now, but are they trying to look like play-school?

Way to drag the show down to a cheap look!

Yeah, they’ve copped a lot of criticism for these new credits. They’ve had really good credits since 2010 shot outdoors but these green screen ones are a big step backwards.

2 Likes

Thanks. JBar confirmed this above :slight_smile:

1 Like

I understand why they have done it as the location shot ones cost a lot, were harder to remove and add characters… but they could have easily made a green screen lot without it looking so bloody awkward! Have elements with them infront of the screen.

These are worse then the 2006 ones

They fixed the incorrect name spellings on the opener

Der! We already said that about last night’s episode. Pay attention, mate.

Picked up by the mainstream media now.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/tv-shows/neighbours-new-opening-credits-had-actors-names-spelled-incorrectly/news-story/74cb3006e47add06a4fb6bb35331c377

Pot calling the kettle black with the article itself containing a typo. :laughing: How embarrassment. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

That’s the same article linked to above, just a different headline.

Thanks. Sorry. Didn’t click on your original link. I assumed you had linked to the original Digital Spy story where it all blew up. They must wield some power because it forced the Neighbours producers to react so quickly and fix it up quick sticks.

According to Ten’s forward guide, the Neighbours afternoon encores on the main channel finish at the end of next week.

I wonder if that was the photo after Madeline was hit by a bus that Dee showed Toadie?