Neighbours

They must be attempting to resurrect neighbors next year. That promo has been playing so much on the main channel including during the big bash. Yet the news gets no promotion whatsoever.

1 Like

Resurrect? LOL. Its been on the air for 31 years…what the hell are you on about.

Dying a slow death on eleven. They’ve had soft ratings this year.

After five years on Eleven, I’m honestly surprised that Ten haven’t already attempted to bring Neighbours back to the main channel…

1 Like

Hopefully they do, would be good to see one of my favourite shows in HD finally.

Isn’t the reason Neighbours is still on air is because of the UK?

According to the Daily Mail, Holly Valance could be coming back to Neighbours in 2017.

Not the only reason but the UK certainly provide the funds to keep it going.

Does Neighbours on Eleven count towards Ten’s Australian drama quota these days? If so, that’s probably another reason the show is still running even though it hasn’t been a huge rater for years…

Yes, multi-channel shows count towards local content quotas now.

1 Like

I definitely agree with ten putting Neighbours back on their main channel. The way they promote it on eleven makes it look dark and gloomy. Really, if they continue on eleven, I see the show suffering a slow death

And Neighbours and Eleven certainly don’t have the same vibe.

1 Like

They should repeat it 10.30pm weeknights (after late local news :P) on the main channel.

1 Like

It is being repeated on Ten early afternoons this year. Meaning HD!

5 Likes

4pm back-to-back with Bold would make sense, know what timeslot?

1pm

Neighbours gets a dedicated TV Week cover this week after an absence of more than six years. Madeleine West (Dee Bliss) and Ryan Maloney (Jarrod “Toadie” Rebecchi) share the cover.

BACK FROM THE DEAD
Where has Dee been?
What will Toadie do?

A couple of actors have shared the cover with actors from other TV shows but there hasn’t been a dedicated Neighbours cover since 2010.

2 Likes

Finally, a cover on the front of TV Week. Sadly, it will probably be the last time of 2017 that it would do so .

The idea for ten to bring neighbours back to the main network is interesting but with the project moving tjmeslots where they could possibly reschedule Neighbours?

Patti Newton, 71, lands the Neighbours role she’s been ‘longing for’

1 Like