Neighbours

I remember Beverly Mitchell, her relationship with Jim was up and down and eventually she left him, but what is the point of bringing her back? Apart from Paul her connection to the street is non existence. Jane has a connection with Paul, but again I question why bring all these old characters back (no reference to age). See this is where it is a good idea where to have old Neighbours classics on again, or at least Ten ALL Access, so new Neighbours fans can get acquainted with these old characters and what made Neighbours great at the time.

Just weird decision making.

Beverly Marshall. Maybe you don’t remember her so well. :wink:

Nostalgia, I guess.

Shaunna O’Grady still has a connection with the show. Her husband is Chris Adshead, who has been a director on the show for many years.

Oh yeah you are right, i confused her with Beverly Mitchell from 7th heaven! my brain is dead…

Nostaligia doesn’t really work with the current Neighbours cast does it. Same with Jane’s return. Unless they do a Chloe (when H&A returned her character and then killed her off, I am pretty sure it was a character named Chloe)

Thats cool that she still has a connection with the show and well not really relevant to my point but is somewhat cool to know. :slight_smile:

18-year-old transgender activist Georgie Stone is joining Neighbours, after writing a letter to EP Jason Herbison a year ago suggesting the soap should add a transgender character. Georgie’s parents had both appeared on the show before.
Filming of her in the guest role will start in June, with her character being seen on screen towards the end of the year.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/transgender-role-model-georgie-stone-signs-on-to-neighbours/news-story/92700761affca7a7b860500f2fbd45a8

They have always shot at the studio as the entrance to the hospital. Usually you see a coffee cart and branding on the windows. They also filmed at the infamous roller door loading dock in Prisoner when Gary was involved in some dodgy dealings.

Georgie Stone Joins The Cast Of Neighbours.

An Advocate For Trans And Gender Diverse Children Heads To Ramsay Street.

Georgie Stone, an advocate for gender diverse youth, will make her way to Ramsay Street to play the role of a transgender character on Australia’s longest running drama.

With a long list of high calibre awards to her name, including Hero of the Year at the 2019 LGBTI Awards, the 2018 Victorian Young Australian of the Year and the 2017 Young People’s Human Rights Medal , there is no question that Georgie Stone is an industry pioneer.

Alongside her passion for acting, Georgie is using her platform to fight for equality for gender diverse youth after she realised, through her own personal gender transition at a young age, there was an imbalance both politically and socially.

Georgie will play Neighbours’ first transgender character after the 19-year-old approached the show’s producers with the desire to portray some of her own experiences and others in the trans community, on screen.

After auditioning for the role, Georgie has been working with the writers and producers for the last eight months to accurately integrate parts of her life story into the well-known Australian drama.

Georgie’s character will have a special connection with a member of one of Ramsay Street’s favourite families.

On her role, Georgie said: "I am so excited to be joining such an iconic show. Neighbours is all about telling stories we can connect to, stories that reflect our society today.

"It has progressed so much since it first began, which is why I thought it was time to have a trans character on the show. I can’t wait for everyone to meet her!"

Georgie will start filming her guest role in June and her episodes will air on Neighbours later this year.

Georgie Stone’s father is Greg Stone, who played Walter, the father of Sonya Rebecchi.

3 Likes

Anyone remember Connor (mid-2000s housemate with Toadie and Co)? I think I spotted him in a latest Telstra ad?

Another familiar face is coming.

1 Like

This is excellent casting!

1 Like

Christie has been splitting her time between the Neighbours set in Melbourne and her usual gig as a breakfast radio host on i98fm in the New South Wales coastal city of Wollongong.

Also, today’s Herald Sun and Daily Telegraph have an interview with Mavournee Hazel, who has confirmed she is leaving Neighbours and moved from Melbourne to Sydney.

1 Like

She’s been splitting her time between the Neighbours set in Melbourne and her breakfast show except she starts filming Neighbours in June. That makes sense…

This article says starts filming in June: https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a26919238/home-and-away-christie-hayes-joins-neighbours/

The one above says she’s on air in June.

Confusing.

Christie won’t appear on Neighbours until June according to the article. Apparently she has been doing rehearsals according on her Instagram post from February:

I have a 4am alarm for radio everyday which I love, and now my boys are asleep I can FINALLY sit down with a script, learn my lines and do some ACTING rehearsal as well!
This is definitely not how I look at the moment, I have scripts, highlighters & green tea everywhere BUT I do love the chaos of being a working mother…

Her last episode as Piper is on 3 April.

i wonder if Christie Hayes could be playing the mother of Georgie Stone.

They are 32 and 18 in reality but could be playing characters older and younger than themselves. Not the first time this has happened on the show.

Jason Donovan’s daughter Jemma is joining Neighbours, playing Harlow Robinson. Jemma is scheduled to appear on screens in July 2019.

1 Like
1 Like

Actress Kate Raison best remembered for her roles on A Country Practice and E Street is playing the character Claudia Watkins the mother of Finn and Shaun. Her first episode aired on Friday last week.

4 Likes