Neighbours

[quote=“JohnsonTV, post:38, topic:330”]
Reports from the UK say another two will perish as the week continues.
[/quote] Harley Bonner left (character died) last night, his grandfather played by Terence Donovan who has been on Neighbours since the 90s is missing ( Neighbours’ E.P. said one long time member will departure- wink, wink, nudge, nudge). Chris Milligan, Saskia Hampele and dog Bossy will all make their final appearance this week.

[quote=", post:38, topic:330, full:true"]
Neighbours Executive Producer, Jason Herbison, said: “We promised it would be the biggest week ever and while I know viewers are reeling over the death of Joshua, please don’t put the tissues away yet. Tonight we lose one of our much loved long-term characters and there are more surprises to come from the debris. Source: TV Tonight [/quote]

[quote=“Travis, post:40, topic:330, full:true”]
Tonights ep was pretty emotional.The scenes of the first victim dying were heartbreaking.
[/quote] A lot of social media and reporting on this big hour episode. Don’t think I have seen that much attention for a dramatic ending in a soap opera, not even HAA.

Why did the producers decide to write out these four characters plus the dog?

Chris Milligan who plays Kyle Canning chose to leave the series. His character had the dog so that’s probably why it will go too. His girlfriend is Jenna Rosenow who played Amber Turner and she left a couple of months earlier when her contract was up. They are both chasing a career overseas, at the moment.

I guess the producers had been planning to have a dramatic end for Doug Willis ever since they brought Terence Donovan back and gave him Alzheimers.

It’s unclear whether Harley Bonner chose to leave his role now as Josh Willis when his contract finished or whether he was written out. His real life girlfriend Ariel Kaplan plays his sister Imogen Willis and she will be departing soon too, along with Tim Phillipps who plays her boyfriend Daniel. Harley and Ariel are also overseas at the moment.

That’s a lot of departures in a short length of time. Quite risky if the producers wrote them all out right now.

Promo at the end of last night’s episode said Imogen would get married, which suggests Ariel will leave the show soon after.

Newscorp story
Can the Neighbours newcomer give Kylie Minogue’s iconic character a run for her money?
Madison Robinson — aka daughter of famous Ramsey Street lovers Scott and Charlene — makes her debut on Neighbours this week.
The Daily Telegraph

Neighbours actor Tim Phillipps ‘unhappy’ with his character being written out.

Another actor far away from home : http://tvtonight.com.au/2016/04/from-summer-bay-to-ramsay-street-for-jodi.html

Scott McGregor (Mark Brennan) is appearing in a Honda Commercial at the moment.

Jodi appearing in Neighbours is generating buzz in the media because she has been a high profile gossip target.

Neighbours ‘goddess’ girls: Jodi, Emma and Olympia have a blast
Sydney Confidential

New competition starts tomorrow (Monday) in which the winner and a friend get to visit the Neighbours set, meet the cast and have lunch with Sarah Ellen (Madison Robinson). Obviously a ploy to arrest the soap’s flagging ratings. At the moment it is at around 200,000 mark.

[quote=“JohnsonTV, post:51, topic:330”]
meet the cast and have lunch with Sarah Ellen (Madison Robinson). Obviously a ploy to arrest the soap’s flagging ratings. At the moment it is at around 200,000 mark. [/quote]
Well if they want to do that, maybe they should stick to hiring actors and not social media personalities like Sarah Ellen and reality show contestants like Jai Waetford.

2 Likes

Former long-time casting director of Neighbours, Jan Russ, has spoken to Studio 10 about her days on the show.

I wonder which characters Chris Hemsworth and Hugh Jackman were going to play?

###Fifi Box Joins Neighbours.

Network Ten is delighted to announce that radio presenter and television personality Fifi Box is joining the cast of Neighbours.

Last week on Melbourne’s hit101.9 Fox FM, Fifi revealed that her dream of becoming an actress could become a reality after being given the opportunity to audition for the popular nightly soap.

Fifi was advised yesterday that she had secured the coveted role of Brooke Butler, an opportunistic, flighty and dubious woman who relies on her looks to get by.

Brooke is also the wayward mother of Xanthe Canning (Lilly Van der Meer), estranged girlfriend of Gary Canning (Damien Richardson) and de-facto daughter-in-law of the Canning family matriarch, Sheila (Colette Mann).

Neighbours Network Ten Executive Producer, Claire Tonkin, said: “With Brooke, the Neighbours team have created a worthy new entry to the show’s tally of bold, joyous – and maybe just a bit dodgy – characters you can’t help loving. We can’t wait to see Fifi’s take on this colourful character and the response from the good residents of Ramsay Street.”

Neighbours Executive Producer, Jason Herbison, said: “We needed someone who could not only act, but had a natural warmth, high energy and could pull off Gold Coast chic. Fifi nailed it! Jokes aside, Fifi’s audition was brilliant and her character Brooke is going to rattle the cage on Ramsay Street. We are all very excited to have her join the Canning family.”

Fifi said: “I’m so excited to be heading to Ramsay Street to join the Neighbours family. Acting has been a lifelong dream of mine and to get this opportunity on Australia’s most loved and popular show has blown my mind. I’m too excited for words!”

Fifi starts filming this week and will debut on screen in September.

2 Likes

Very surprised, but a nice addition :slight_smile:

1 Like

More stunt casting.

3 Likes

I haven’t watched Neighbours in years. But casting Scotty T just proved how much of a joke this show is.

That was just a cameo in one brief scene. Neighbours has always done that over 30 years.

The real joke is casting reality show and social media personalities in guest or regular acting roles:
Gina Liano
Jai Waetford
Sarah Ellen
Fifi Box
The show is awash with them and it has seriously damaged their reputation.

4 Likes

Riveting ad for Neighbours - a party with a secret. Im definitely tuning in :sleeping: