Neighbours

Cameras Are Rolling On Ramsay Street.

Filming Commences On A Brand New Chapter Of Neighbours.

The doors have officially reopened on the set of Neighbours, with the first day of filming underway for the exciting new chapter of Australia’s longest running and most iconic drama.

Approximately 450 cast, crew and associated businesses have resumed work on the next instalment of the revitalised series, which is set to delight a legion of fans worldwide.

Much loved cast members Stefan Dennis, Jackie Woodburne, Alan Fletcher, Ryan Moloney, Annie Jones, Rebekah Elmaloglou, Georgie Stone, Tim Kano and Lucinda Cowden have returned to the roles which have endeared them to audiences across the globe, along with a raft of fresh new faces who now call Erinsborough home.

Stefan Dennis said: "Not even the Neighbours’ writing team, as clever as they are, could have plotted a comeback storyline like this! To be here filming this next chapter, we’ve proven again that this show is never predictable and always full of surprises. It’s fantastic for our loyal fans and for the local television industry, and I can’t wait to let Paul Robinson loose again on Ramsay Street.”

Neighbours, which follows the lives, loves and challenges of the residents of Ramsay Street, will air later this year.

Neighbours will continue to be broadcast in Australia on Network 10, its home for over three decades. UK and U.S. audiences can view the series on Amazon Freevee plus Prime Video in Australia and New Zealand seven days following free to air viewing on Network 10.

5 Likes

It’s going to be very interesting to see what happens to half of the backlot…

1 Like

And what timeslot it will end up on…
I reckon Tuesday & Wednesday or Wednesday & Fridays for 60 minutes @ 7:30 is worth a shot…they need to avoid clashing with Home and Away Thursday extended sessions
Any other speculation?

6.30 weeknights on 10 Peach, just where it was before

1 Like

Maybe 10Shake this time… :joy:

4 episodes a week

2 Likes

Late night repeat on main channel before The Project. It is filmed in HD in the past couple of years, but Australian viewers missed out, as the soap aired on 10 Peach which is SD. A main channel repeat ensures we get to see it in HD.

The first 3 episodes packaged into a 90-minute special on 10 at 7:30, then moved to Peach at 6:30 permanently.

3 Likes

From The O.C. To Ramsay Street.

Mischa Barton Joins The Cast Of Neighbours In An Extended Guest Role.

International film and television star, Mischa Barton, is swapping California for Erinsborough, to join the residents of Ramsay Street in an extended guest role on Neighbours.

Mischa will portray the character of Reece, an American new to Erinsborough who’s not quite who she appears to be.

From living the teenage dream in The O.C, to sending shivers down our spines in The Sixth Sense , working alongside Hollywood royalty in Notting Hill to the glitz and glamour of The Hills: New Beginnings , Mischa’s extensive film and television career spans more than two decades.

Neighbours’ Executive Producer, Jason Herbison said: “We are beyond excited to have an actor of Mischa’s calibre join us for the beginning of this exciting new chapter. Mischa’s character is dynamic and unpredictable, and will have an instant presence on Ramsay Street.”

Mischa Barton said: “I’m excited to be part of this iconic show’s next chapter, and I am really looking forward to being back in Australia, a place I know and love! I think the character of Reece is going to be a great role for me to explore and play with.”

The British-American actress is set to make her on screen debut in the street where good neighbours become good friends, when the revitalised series of Neighbours airs later this year.

Neighbours will continue to be broadcast in Australia on Network 10, its home for over three decades. UK and U.S. audiences can view the series on Amazon Freevee plus Prime Video in Australia and New Zealand seven days following free to air viewing on Network 10.

4 Likes

And from a news.com.article this morning………………… Bronte Coy has done her homework!

Production is now officially underway on Neighbours in Melbourne, with the new era to begin airing in autumn.

Last month, more cast details were unveiled ahead of its return, with several familiar faces confirmed to have signed back on.

Jane Harris will be reprising her role as Annie Jones, along with Rebekah Elmaloglou as Terese Willis, Georgie Stone as Mackenzie Hargreaves and Tim Kano as Leo Tanaka when the show hits screens later in 2023.

Mischa Barton will generate some interest in the show… especially for millennials.

1 Like

Even made news on rivals.

5 Likes

Today only said “neighbours is returning soon to prime video”. No free advertising for 10.

4 Likes

Looks like they may keep using the 2015-2022 logo.

I’m imagine they wouldn’t want to “overhaul” too much. A new version of the theme some and opening titles is as probably as fair it will go… for now.

Though I sadly anticipate that Neighbours will go down the route of only a small sting as an opener…. Hopefully I’m wrong

2 Likes

Like Home and Away do now?

1 Like

Shows on streaming services seem to do full credits and you can skip them if you don’t want to see them every time.

3 Likes