Neighbours

Aired on Channel 5 after the final episode
https://www.channel5.com/show/neighbours-made-me-a-star-from-ramsay-st-to-hollywood

2 Likes

Did they really choose Comic Sans!? :eyes:

2 Likes

The title was different on the program

4 Likes

Maybe her accent these days is more London than Erinsborough :rofl::rofl:

Courtney Act to appear on “Neighbours Made me a Star”? Her picture clearly says “Performer and Neighbours Guest Star”. I think she was a star before appearing on Neighbours…

2 Likes

It’s a Channel 5 show so don’t have high expectations.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

4 Likes

An update today that Whitehorse councillors rejected the application for heritage protection.

One councillor said “Pin Oak Court is no Como House…it’s no Windsor Castle.”

Another councillor said “Neighbours finished for a reason - it was a great show but the ratings dropped”.

They just want to develop it like everywhere else

Sensible move, especially seeing that only the front facade of each house was used on the show. Perhaps they should protect the sets that were used for the inside of the houses, or have they already been destroyed?

Not surprised regarding that Pin Oak Court is not heritage listed, since only the frontages were used. As iconic as the show is. I reckon that sooner than later that one of the houses will have major renovations. It will be sad when that happens.

From memory, the outside facades sets like Lassiters Hotel, Harolds Cafe and Grease Monkeys etc, will be not be demolished until later in the year - when it will make way for the housing development. Am hoping that they’ll be moved onto another site rather than being demolished.

As for the inside sets, i cannot remember what they said about those sets and what will be done to them. Since the “Prisoner Building” is heritage listed, cant that be used as storage and/or a museum, or is that being upgraded also?

I think its inevitable… they cant keep everything. Some of the external sets may be sold off at an auction. I remember GTV9 did something similar when it vacated Bendigo Street.

From my understanding there are a few museums looking at displaying the internal sets etc. No doubt the Kennedy House and Harold’s Café will be kept. All currently in storage.

2 Likes

Jason Donovan’s daughter Jenna that played Harlow has just been cast in British soap holly oaks it’s on facebook

OK thanks :+1:

Although it’s not up for the proper awards at this years AACTA Awards, the show is up for Best Series at the “Audience Choice Awards” which is run by news.com.au. This might be the last hoorah for Neighbours.

Although technically the show could be up for some gongs at next years Logies as it does fit the criteria, there would be a 10 month gap between the final episode airing and the 2023 Logies. So i wonder if 10 will put in submissions for the show to be up for a nomination or not.

I believe the cast members were told that this year’s Logies would be their last. That’s why some of them were so vocal about the piss-poor ‘tribute’ to the show.

3 Likes