Neighbours

Unfortunately Lucinda won’t be able to attend a wrap party tonight.

Interesting. I find it hard to believe that she was the only one who caught COVID from the Neighbours team. Look how physically close they all are.

3 Likes

Some of them have already had it. Charlotte Chimes had it earlier in the year and posted about it on her socials. I’m sure some of the others did too but didn’t publicise it.

You can get it more than once.

well, they were lucky that only one got Covid then.

So sad that there’s just over 5 weeks to go until the final airs.

4 Likes

Good to hear…. Hopefully the main cast will be there.

4 Likes

Good to hear that the AACTA Awards will honour Neighbours more than what the Logies did.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Cast and crew gathered for a farewell lunch in the studio today.
The Neighbours set will be demolished tomorrow.
Angela Bishop was on the set to conduct interviews with some of the cast for Studio 10 and 10 News First.

2 Likes

Really? A mutual friend of mine said that they have the studio till the end of the year?

If that is the case I hope it doesn’t all go to landfill. A lot of the set furniture I would hope will be donated.

1 Like

Must have been end of financial year?

10 News report tonight said the “Ramsay street set to be pulled down tomorrow.”

Maybe that’s the exterior sets?
Or if internal sets maybe Fremantle will look to lease out the actual studio for other productions. Wouldn’t be surprised.

I’m really surprised these sets haven’t been auctioned off? I do think we need to obtain at least one set for a museum display. They use to have one at the Melbourne Museum years ago.

1 Like

I slept in the same bed with someone who had covid, shared food and drinks and still didn’t catch it.

Could a soap like neighbour ever work on a streaming service with a new episode airing nightly? Or even 5 episodes at once a week?

1 Like

I would say the contract was previously until the end of the year… but seeing as production is finished Fremantles might have renegotiated with NEP. NEP would most likely want to sell the site asap.

I doubt it because the Neighbours tour which shows the exterior sets is still supposed to be running until the end of July.

2 Likes