Neighbours

I agree. There were times the writers didn’t seem to know what to do with Mackenzie and had her at uni, working with Toadie, the health department at the council and wherever else they could squeeze her in. Lately her storylines have been great and she’s proved herself to be a very good actress.

4 Likes

Oh dear lord!! The sky news talking points have come alive.

3 Likes

Yes the threesome storyline as you mentioned. Also all the stuff about Australia Day. Even back 5-6 years ago when Jack the priest slept with Paige. There’s probably others I’m forgetting too.

Again, not saying that I have an issue with any of these storylines, but I’m sure the older demo wouldn’t have been too pleased with all of them.

Meanwhile, Summer Bay has murderers, rapists and crimials running rampant but as long as they’re not progressive, then that’s just fine. :laughing:

12 Likes

not all older viewers are troglodytes, and they can be more progressive than younger people give them credit for, but as I said, that age group probably tuned out of Neighbours many years ago. And the audience numbers it was getting in the UK were still substantial, it was one of Channel 5’s most popular shows still, but Channel 5 ultimately decided it wanted to invest more in local product.

4 Likes

It probably started in 2005/06 when the show decided to go all-in on being Over The Top with its stories and it never recovered its lost audience.

2 Likes

Stefan Dennis has written an article for The Age.

Are they airing 6-7pm or 6.30-7.30pm, clashing with Home and Away?

Neighbours is airing two episodes from 6:30pm to 7:30pm, which means it is up against Home and Away.

1 Like

There was a playout error tonight in joining two of the segments together where there would have been an ad break if it was just 30 min episodes:

5 Likes
5 Likes

Some of the cast attended the Logie Awards.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I have to agree… they should have been allowed on stage for a final send off.

I wonder if the H&A crew privately wished them well.

would have been nice to say something on stage, though.

2 Likes

Agree.

1 Like

Surely that’s next year when it actually is done?

Unfortunately last night was it.