Neighbours

I’m fairly confident it’s true. A number of family members return for the funeral. I believe this person quit the show for family reasons.

I assume it will all come out before the funeral is show, but if not I’d suggest you watch because it’s a character who has been on the show for many years.

All good Jbar messaged me!

1 Like

TV Week has a story about Patti Newton making a guest appearance in the 8000th episode of Neighbours.

She’s playing a character called Valerie Grundy and she has a dog called Reg. A nod to the late Reg Grundy, whose company produced Neighbours.

3 Likes

Episode 8000 will screen on 21 December 2018.

5 Likes

Neighbours screens on Christmas Day for the first time this year.

Here is the trailer:

Note, the voice of Jim Robinson (Alan Dale) at the end.

6 Likes

Seems like this season of Neighbours will spill over into next year.

1 Like

Episode 8000 tonight featuring Patti Newton.

1 Like

They are going straight through, was part of the last contract negotiations with Channel 5 and Freemantle.

Eve Morey (Sonya) is about to celebrate a decade on Neighbours.

Wow, 10 years, seems like yesterday she rocked up to Toadie and young Callum’s front door as a guide dog trainer!
182600_202082423139608_165269190154265_835403_41465_n

9 Likes

Enjoying the current storyline’s leading up to Christmas. Janes return has been great, she’s a fantastic actress and a great character. Her reference this week to an old storyline in which she found a gun in the backyard hidden there by Jo Mangle was a great nod to the past.
Leo’s secret revealed this week has also been interesting, setting up some good arcs to come in the new year.
The lighter moments with Jane and Paul being “sprung” were very humerous too.

2 Likes

What was the Christmas episode like?

It was alright. They showed all the families opening Christmas presents and doing an Aussie Christmas in Summer for the benefit of the Brits, like a child running through the sprinkler, in the yard.

Bonnie Anderson as Bea sang at the Christmas concert. The christmas carol “Oh holy night” was great but the other song was not a Christmas carol so that was a bit odd.

Paul Robinson had a prang in his car and bumped his head. He had visions of his father Jim Robinson in a bauble hanging from his rearview mirror. That was cheesy but he had a good message for his son and it was good to see Alan Dale back after 25 years.

4 Likes

Ok so he didn’t come back from the dead?

No, he couldn’t. He had a heart attack, was found dead in his house and they had a funeral for him. They couldn’t do a “back from the dead” storyline for him, even if they wanted to.

2 Likes

Jim has continued to age since he keeled over in 1993.

Wouldn’t be the first time a soap opera has trotted out a “faked death” storyline. Perhaps Jim just got sick of all the drama in Ramsey Street and wanted to escape to a quieter neighbourhood?

Surely the writers could’ve come up with something better than Jim appearing in an inanimate object considering Home and Away did Bobby appearing to Ailsa on the fridge door all those years ago.

3 Likes

It was very reminiscent of that and quite a few viewers have been critical of it. Considering Paul hit his head there was no reason why it couldn’t just have been a dream sequence where Paul imagined what his dad would look like if he had lived. that would have explained the ageing . :wink:

2 Likes

They could have done what they did in Sons And Daughters when Rowena Wallace returned, as Pat the Rat’s twin sister Pamela.

Alan could have come back as Jim’s long lost twin :wink:

1 Like

The show has been going for so long now that the Robinson family tree already has a whole forest full of long lost relatives. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like