Neighbours

I think the Amazon version is meant to show the soap is based in Melbourne, hence the CBD skyline in the background.

Maybe it’s a distance thing? They realised that the opening shot in the gondola you can’t distinguish the characters? As well as the one with Annie. Those two ones have been replaced in the 10 version with closer shots on set. Wonder if it was a case they changed it after the eps were submitted to Amazon?

Will be interesting to see if it changes and they align.

The gondola scene does remind me of the 2007 titles wirh Zeke and Rachel though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I notice 10 has been promoting the soap’s new 4.30pm timeslot at the start of every ad break tonight. Must be desperate.

Or maybe they shouldve been promoting the timeslot from the beginning instead of “save the date” coming to 10 and 10play.

7 Likes

Speaking of which, are they still showing that huge “Bold now at 4pm” screen bug throughout the whole episode?

May be of interest

4 Likes

Sounds like the 9am hour with the 2 soaps rates better than Studio 10 was

10 going all in with ads tonight. Every ad break during TGYH

1 Like

Neighbours!
Neighbours!
Neighbours!

Classic Neighbours episodes have just been made available to stream for free on 10 play.

Apparently there is 577 episodes currently abailable, which may increase.

Watch classic episodes of Neighbours from the 2010’s and 2020.

https://10play.com.au/neighbours-classics

Not sure anyone would regard episodes from the last decade or so as “classics”. Indeed putting up 577 makes them even less so - might as well make the lot available if they’re not picking out the real stand out episodes which would probably be closer to 50 than 500.

So pleased to share that Curtis Perkins, played by Nathan Borg, is BACK as a recurring supporting character! 🙌 pic.twitter.com/toSCyHXcEl

— Neighbours (@neighbours) September 21, 2023

No, not retconned. It happened, as did everything in the finale. But in the relatively short space of time since the finale Toadie and Mel have broken up, and Paul and Terese who reunited in the finale have also split up…. And now Toadie has married Terese.

That’s it what we are seeing now is canon and not someone’s imagination!! Who knows?!

4 Likes

needs to be truly classic episodes, 1980s or nothing :wink:

3 Likes

Are amazon and ch 10 going to put up the 80s and 90’s episodes soon or are they still being digitised by the film and sound archives in canberra please get it done i want to see kimberley davies and emma harrison,kristan schmid as todd landers,craig mclachlan,natalie imbruglia and raelee hill

I would love to see the episodes from the early 2000s (if they are not already on 10play) but they could be hindered by music rights. When Delta Goodrem joined the soap in 2002 as Nina Tucker, she performed the iconic Born to Try in one of the episodes. Sony/ATV still holds the rights for the song, even though Delta recently left Sony Music after 23 years to set up her own record label.

2 Likes

if it’s just one scene in an episode you’d think they could just edit it out to avoid any music rights issues

1 Like

Problem is that scene (Born to Try performance) was a key part of the storyline. If the scene was muted or edited out, the episode would be incomplete.

1 Like

The storyline appears to show that Mel was struggling being a stepmother, but prior to the finale she adored Nell and Hugo. They must feel the same because they’re plotting her return.

2 Likes

🚨 Exciting news 🚨 Shazza's back! Jessica Muschamp will be reprising her iconic role of Sharon Davies for a guest stint, but what's led her back to Ramsay Street? pic.twitter.com/DttGCrS6To

— Neighbours (@neighbours) October 3, 2023