NBN News

Good in concept, but there was enough uncanny valley in there from the font to the stock footage. I’d hope there would be enough B-roll network-wide to use, but alas, it’s not the worst thing.

3 Likes

NBN News mentioned on Mediawatch again

4 Likes

Sport and Weather Billboards:

4 Likes

Not the first time they’ve covered “local” news from well outside their licence area.

4 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

A different version of #slowthespread:

I notice that the weather sponsor billboard now just says “Weather”, previously it was “Weather Alert”

6 Likes

Just curiously, does anybody know what year NBN stopped producing their own late night news bulletin and running Nine’s Nightline program instead?

2 Likes

Don’t quote me on this but I think it may have been around 2003. Same year NBN stopped showing Knights games other than Nine’s, if I’m not mistaken.

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking, as I remember visiting family in Newcastle in the early 2000’s and read the TV guide and I’m sure that NBN News Late had been omitted from the TV guide. As I recall the TV guide that came with the Sunday Telegraph listed both Newcastle programs and Sydney’s.

3 Likes

Sydney TV guides had both SNSW/NNSW program differences included.

3 Likes

Ummm is it just me or is NBN News now upscaled HD? It looks a lot crisper.

Studio and reports in HD, graphics look upscaled.

5 Likes

Any caps?

1 Like

Interesting!
Makes me wonder if the move to Sydney will be happening anytime soon if that’s the case.
Can’t imagine they’d make any technical changes if that was to happen shortly.

I’ll check tomorrow night.

1 Like

My exact thinking as well. If it is the case then it’s very weird that they’d do these technical upgrades.

1 Like

Here’s some caps of tonight’s bulletin, looks just a little crisper than before:

5 Likes

Judging by those caps, I’d say the picture quality is better SD than before but definitely not native HD!

2 Likes

Totally agree, I can’t see a big improvement, maybe a slight improvement on before.

Native HD obviously won’t happen until they move out of Mosbri Crescent.

1 Like

Watching the linear channel there is a huge difference.

Agree. Nothing very noticeable. Clearly still SD

2 Likes