NBN News

If - as @Radiohead suggests - Nine are trying to transition the branding, cover-ups are the 1st thing they should stop doing,

2 Likes

I agree, but given 6pm News is still being produced in Newcastle, whilst promos are being made in Sydney, it seems to me that Newcastle and Sydney are not on the same page regarding what the news branding should look like, perhaps there’s some resistance at play in Newcastle.

4 Likes

I don’t believe they will rebrand nbn news to 9 news in Newcastle or northern NSW for a extremely long time.

3 Likes

Monday

Tuesday

9 Likes

First time I’ve seen this.

3 Likes

Vision switching issue last night too. Black screen for the first minute of the news, cutting into Jane finishing the first story.

Occasional black screens through the bulletin as well

3 Likes

Great job on the caps!

The swirls graphics bebind Nataaha looks a bit plain on its own with that big expanse of blue, since NBN don’t use OTS graphics anymore except for sport. They only seem to use a story graphics for news a maybe 3 or 4 times a night as per the “Canberra Belted” one you’ve posted.

That is HUGE.

1 Like

Caps from last night, including the large First On bug

8 Likes

Great job!

Which region was that taken from as I see there’s a Tamworth report and a Newcastle beach used on the “Weather Next” cap.

1 Like

All markets got that hay bale report

2 Likes

Melissa Thurlow, who has directed NBN News for a while now, has resigned. Last day was yesterday.

Hearing that there may actually be a shift to Sydney for the news. I hope that’s incorrect.

4 Likes

I thought Kerryn Scully was NBN’s news director?

Same here, although if production of NBN News does move to Sydney it’ll be interesting to see whether or not they retain the local brand at least during the transitionary period.

2 Likes

It was Central Coast, but that Tamworth story was in the live section.

2 Likes

Nine News 30sec special report promos playing during tennis in NBN land this afternoon complete with Peter’s endboard.

2 Likes

So Tash was back last week and according to this tweet from Jane, Paul was due back this week. But Tash is still going solo tonight.

6 Likes

They are for news items now. Still no word when Paul Lobb is back. Was supposed to be this week.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be unhappy if he doesn’t return.
His presenting style doesn’t have any real sense of authority about it.

I’d prefer Jane and probably Tyson on weeknights, Paul/Natasha to weekends.

2 Likes

Can we also agree that Kate Haberfield is a better Sports Presenter than Mitchell Hughes?

2 Likes

Definitely… Don’t really like him either!

Comes across as being a bit wooden.

2 Likes

Yes. I would have Jane and Kate do weeknights and Natasha and Stephen Mount on weekends. Don’t really need a double-header on weeknights.

Isobella Evans did a live report first report up tonight north of Tamworth. It was a paraglider death. A 30-40 second live report, factual, concise, polished. A good young reporter.

3 Likes