NBN News

I’m glad that the red text and red bar have been dropped, they looked like an eye sore plus they would be better reserved for breaking news.

1 Like

Now we just need the 9 News graphic open, music and updated set and we will be all set!

A lot more live crosses recently including two last night - this evening poor Gav is in 40 degree heat.

2 Likes

NBN really need to get a globe in the super, the plain red really sticks out. WIN Tasmania have the same problem.

4 Likes

I was racking my brain last night trying to work out who Natasha reminded me of and then it hit!

7 Likes

thread title changed to reflect the new brand from Tuesday.

1 Like

I’ve had word that NBN News will remain the same, hence title now changed back.

Yes I know it’s inconsistent, don’t complain to me, complain to them… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You’d think that they’ll eventually have to change the name sometime down the track, otherwise people will probably get confused when searching online for news about the National Broadband Network! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I shall reserve judgement for Judgement Day (March 1)

If people are confused with NBN the tv station and NBN the National Broadband Network then they’re pretty silly. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

People have confused TV Tonight with Today Tonight so nothing is impossible.

3 Likes

Kind of makes sense that they would keep the NBN News brand when you consider that they’ve only just introduced a NBN News watermark for the 6pm bulletin…

There wouldn’t have been much point doing that if they knew it would become Nine News only 2-3 weeks later.

1 Like

As I’ve said before, I think we’re most likely to see the NBN News brand kept in Northern NSW/Gold Coast until Nine News has it’s next major branding relaunch.

you have a lot of older people who have grown up with NBN and Channel 3 that have no real clue what the national broadband network is - people like my mother for instance, who gets the shits every time NBNco ads come on and keeps asking me stupid questions like - “why do I have to go onto the NBN, it’s a TV station” and shit like that.

It’s not as simple as you think.

1 Like

The not often capped 12pm update with Paul Lobb.

2 Likes

Two “What does it mean to be a local?” promos, one focused on Gavin Morris.

1 Like

On the “Your News Every Day” promos, I’m pretty sure that there’s something like five 30 Second Versions (Generic, Paul & Natasha/Weeknight News, Sport with Mitch/Paddy, Gavin’s Weather, Jane’s Weekend News) and a 1 Minute Version for each region, if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

Here is the Natasha/Paul one:

1 Like

Oh come on my parents are in their 70’s (have lived in Lake Macquarie their whole lives) and know the difference.

yeah so? My mother has multiple sclerosis and gets confused easily, not everyone has their faculties mate.

4 Likes