NBN News

That’s good, I think they are better presenters than Gavin and Natasha.

Some bad audio mixing during this live broadcast this morning

2 Likes

Using the One80 OB van…. One80 is an NBN production company formed a long time ago

They should’ve used a LIVE bug during the broadcast for people channel flipping, some people prefer live content and it will catch their attention

4 Likes

I thought that got combined into Nine’s structure yonks ago?

1 Like

Good to have NBN flying the flag for regional TV production once again. The only regional dawn service covered live in Australia today.

4 Likes

Currumbin cough Sunrise cough

lol Sunrise isn’t a regional broadcaster

2 Likes

And Currumbin is considered an outer suburb of the Gold Coast, which I would hardly call regional.

1 Like

But it is in the NBN viewing area.

Would be nice to see NBN cover other Dawn services in the viewing area than just Newcastle every year.

Caps of the coverage:

4 Likes

Go back and re-read the 2nd line

1 Like

I think you need geography lessons. Currumbin is on the Gold Coast which is a Queensland regional city. It’s not part of Greater Brisbane at all.

1 Like

The Gold Coast is Australia’s sixth largest city and the largest non-capital city. It isn’t regional.

3 Likes

Gold Coast is now considered a regional city, as is Perth. People seem to have this misconception that regional means red dirt and tumbleweeds.

1 Like

For immigration purposes. Besides, the fact that Perth is being considered regional despite having a population over 2 million people is laughable.

I’m from Northern NSW, I have a fair idea of what regional is. Having been to the Gold Coast, it definitely isn’t what I would call regional.

4 Likes

“regional” meaning non capital city is uniquely Australian.

In the US regional means pertaining to an area - so a regional airline might cover the northeast US only. A regional news network might cover Boston & New England. And a regional supermarket might be just in California, Utah and Nevada. Regional kinda means not national.

Perth and Gold Coast being classified as “regional” makes no sense to me.

It’s defined that way for a specific purpose - there is no single consistent definition that is used (as shown in this thread)

1 Like

What’s that purpose?

My original comment referred to NBN being the only regional network broadcasting a service live. This is something NBN should be proud of.

1 Like

The definition you point out is the one that’s been applied to Television licenses - there have also been ones based on statistical geography and migration used in this discussion and I’m sure a cursory search of Google will find others.

There is no single, definitive definition of what is termed “regional” in this Country. Just because a location sits in a regional tv license area does not make it a regional location by other definitions.

1 Like