NBN News

I have no idea. It was a hypothetical.
They’ve never had a local Newcastle backdrop before

Anecdotally, the ‘poor’ quality of NBN’s news is having viewer impacts in the northwest - local chatter about the quality has ramped up, which also roughly lines up with their move to Honeysuckle

I do not believe that people in Moree, Tamworth or bryon bay like to see a Newcastle background on NBN News. They like to see a local background instead

1 Like

Given the generic sports background, how many people outside Newcastle would know that skyline is Newcastle?

Nine’s late news uses a generic city backdrop - it could well be a specific city, but it looks generic enough that it just is a background. At least Newcastle is small enough looking that it doesn’t scream that the news is coming from Sydney.

Looks 1000x better than the swirls, so they should keep it.

6 Likes

In London Micheal Genovese…… NBN NEWS!!!

2 Likes

One of the reasons why NBN need to ditch the dubbed sign offs for Nine News reporters.

2 Likes

NBN News certainly looking to reinforce their Newcastle-Hunter heritage with extended special reports on its coal industry and their impact on Federal Election voting in local marginal electorates, tonight and again tomorrow night.

These are being aired across Nth NSW and Gold Coast. It’s been a while since they’ve done such special reports,

1 Like

Interesting for those in the electorates perhaps, but hard to see how it would appeal for those elsewhere. Nice to see though

2 Likes

I think it’s a network thing… I noticed other stations doing extended specials too… If there were enough resources they could have produced a special for each region and insert it in a local window.

1 Like

Axed newsreader Paul Lobb is sailing the east coast with his wife and cat, according to their twitter:

Sailing Champagne On Ice on Twitter: “https://t.co/LwMzoJVJ90 https://t.co/K4LDLGXKkf” / Twitter

3 Likes

Not much happening today in NBN News territory?

2 Likes

Cross promotion?

1 Like

They are novocastrians who won a prime time nine program.

1 Like

And I doubt NBN News would have interviewed them if they lived elsewhere in Northern NSW.

3 Likes

There was an extended NBN story about sharks at Coffs Harbour which aired across the network tonight. They don’t just air Newcastle content across the network.

2 Likes

Thats good to see at least. It’s a rarity though.

1 Like

New promos coming through now with Gav and Tash endcaps.

Nothing special. Tells the story.

2 Likes

NBN’s mantra :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Lots of blank screens in the NBN Newsroom during this Nine News Late cross to Jane Goldsmith. I know everyone would have gone home, but I thought they’d have a few more screens on still so that the cross didn’t look so barren.

4 Likes

A couple of new promos:

4 Likes