NBN News

the 9 News Facebook page posted up an NBN News story, I believe that page is run by QTQ 9 Brisbane.

3 Likes

In Newcastle during the ads the audio dropped then came back, then I saw some sort of “clapper” which was counting down to local weather.

Then the screen went completely blank for 30 seconds

Then we were switched to Channel 9 Sydney while they were in the middle of the weather and we saw Peter Overton

Looks like NBN’s control room crashed?

3 Likes

It was also happening on the Central Coast as well (I’m up there visiting family), so it probably affected the whole of Northern NSW.

3 Likes

Explained as a ‘technical issue’. I think the most interesting part of this post is the comments!

4 Likes

I liked the B Bear one!

3 Likes

They should have mentioned Big Dog!

2 Likes

NBN News had no local weather window tonight, he showed temps from the whole broadcast area only and it was really short.

1 Like

That’s most unusual, usually only done on Good Friday or Christmas Day bulletins.

Gavin said it was due to technical issues from last night (that haven’t been fixed)

2 Likes

…which comes from the overlords at QTQ Brisbane, isn’t it?

1 Like

It feels positively WEIRD as a Novocastrian seeing a Newcastle backdrop when you’re on the Gold Coast!

Local news window was mostly Northern Rivers news. One local report sourced from Nine Gold Coast News.

2 Likes

You have to wonder what those people in Tamworth and Armidale are thinking? They’re not even close to a coastline. Ah heck, they’re watching Prime.

1 Like

NBN Lismore and NBN GC news I find are almost the same except for the weather segment at the end

1 Like

If QTQ and all the Nine News staff interstate it poached in, can’t give much Nine GC News content to NBN News’ GC windows, they should better make some soul searching into the future of this bulletin. The Gold Coast is not a required quota market for Northern NSW TV, after all.

1 Like

I think it’s because NBN can’t or won’t air Nine News Sydney on the Gold Coast against the Qld bulletin.

It would cost them nothing to do that and may appeal to ex-pats and tourists more than the local bulletin.

1 Like

Yeah. Prime7 relayed Seven News Sydney full-time in Canberra, and that became the No. 1 bulletin in the ACT market.

1 Like

Prime7 Gold Coast airs the Sydney bulletin at 6pm. Kinda silly when you think Surfers Paradise is only an hour’s driving distance to Brisbane.

Ironically WIN/10 Gold Coast airs the Brisbane bulletin at 5pm.

1 Like

But then there’s also probably little point in Prime7 relaying the Brisbane bulletin when BTQ air that as well.

BTQ probably wouldn’t allow Prime7 to do that anyway as so not to affect its ratings.

Thanks for the Mid North Coast News and weather preview on the Gold Coast tonight.

Seriously does nobody even care what goes to air?

Also going from a daytime shot (is it Port Macquarie?) to a night shot of Newcastle is very jarring.

1 Like

It’s Coffs Harbour

2 Likes