NBC News

2 Likes

Yeah a lot of US shows are. I know The View has gone to broadcast from home as a lot of the panelists have / have had COVID. They have said hopefully only for a week, but I imagine it’ll be a lot longer for that.

2 Likes

Yeah Whoopi is positive.

1 Like

Positively hilarious!!!

8 Likes
11 Likes

Hoda Kotb returned to Studio 1A in NYC to present Today overnight. Her colleague Savannah Guthrie has now tested positive to COVID.

4 Likes

As mentioned in the On This Day thread a few days ago, Today celebrated its 70th anniversary last week. This is a brief special intro and highlights from last Friday’s show.

7 Likes

NBC Nightly News didn’t travel to Beijing for the Olympic, but they’re opener and closer is Lester Holt standing outdoors in some kind of Olympic Studio. Are they trying to make it look like he is there? Nightly News Full Broadcast - Feb. 4 - YouTube

3 Likes

Yeah that was odd. Seems like the set for the Olympics is outside the studios? But then why bother with him back inside the studio?

3 Likes

I notice the February 4 bulletin was marked “Age restricted” and the preview photo was blurred. Why?

That Youtube is a supercut version.

I watched the actual broadcast and after the opening credits Lester announces he is just outside the Rockefeller Studio (which has been dressed up with an Olympic theme) and introduces the first story there, which is an Olympic story. After the Olympic story he is seen back in the studio. A little odd but probably for obvious reasons.

5 Likes

Obviously pre-recorded.

Odd but understand what they’re trying to do.

They did the same thing for the 2021 Olympics where the Today Show was anchored from a makeshift Olympics set in Rockefeller Plaza outside of Studio 1A.

1 Like

Now being carried on cable, I assume the YouTube stream will be taken down?

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes