NBC News

Looks awful but truly embodies the feel of the show these days. 4 straight hours of garbage with tons of flash but absolutely zero substance.

Newscast Studio has a write up on it

4 Likes

This style would fit Sunrise well, given 7 is using those angles alot. Sunrise even uses them in their background graphics.

7 Likes

It’s quite funny I’m saying this but those graphics are very Channel 7.

They seem to change their graphics a lot it was roughly 1 year I think since the last lot.

8 Likes

I don’t mind it but there are way too many wipes. It’s like they wipe for the sake of wiping that adds nothing to the overall presentation
They need to tone it down.

But I do agree it does look very 7 with the angles and wipes!

1 Like

Those graphics wipe more than I wipe my back side; but I like them!

1 Like

tenor (8)

4 Likes

The new opener of NBC ‘Today’ full, clear HQ and crisp HD

10 Likes

A real step down. Almost Australian GFX.

4 Likes

100 times better than Sunrise. I wish they would.

2 Likes

It looks like a mock tbh. Really feels like a backwards step from this:

6 Likes

Very Today Australia 2007.

1 Like

Love this. Weirds me out seeing a Hollywood interview taking place in a NSW TAB. Matt Damon will be taking up Australian citizenship next. I thought I could even detect a slight local twang in his speech. Can’t get more Aussie than trying to conduct your business after hours in a pub. Half expected him to get up and place a bet on the last race at the Dapto dogs.

15 Likes

Next he’ll be having the weekly chicken parmi special with the schooner. :joy:

1 Like

In 2:25 of the video, Matt accidentally hangs up the FaceTime call by fumbling with his EarPod. :laughing:

Kasie’s departure will be a massive loss for NBC/MSNBC considering she was one of their top political reporters and presenters. However, not many people would pass up the type of money CNN is rumored to have offered her.

1 Like
3 Likes

Numbers were going down when Meredith left and Ann took over, however Ann being forced out marked the point Today lost its mantle as the No 1 breakfast show in the US. That was in 2012 and they still haven’t recovered.

4 Likes

Bullshit attack article from FOX. GMA the ratings leader is 3.4 mil to Today on 3.2. A fluctuation below 3 isn’t that surprising. All those shows are shedding viewers on broadcast television.

In fact every show is shedding viewers on broadcast.

4 Likes