National Nine News 1991-Late 2000

7 Likes

I’d imagine that the “ICAC” report from John Collis would’ve been considerably higher up the running order of National Nine News Sydney on this particular night (perhaps even being that bulletin’s first or second story), with events in NSW Politics at the time resulting in the resignation of Nick Greiner and John Fahey becoming Premier not too long after this…

2 Likes

National Nine News Sydney - Weather and Closers
12/12/1996:

24/2/1997:

29/4/1997:

16/9/1997:

6 Likes

“And that’s the news this [DAY] night. I’m Jim Waley. From all of us here at National Nine News, Goodnight” - pretty much the same signoff he used on Nightline, with the addition of “Have a great weekend” before the final word on Fridays.

“The way it is, this [DAY, DATE, MONTH]. This is Brian Henderson, Goodnight.”

Surely I can’t be the only one who immediately thought of the bulletin signoffs upon seeing those caps of Jim & Hendo? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

And the late Brian Naylor in Melbourne used “May your news be good news and goodnight” as his sign-off.

1 Like

National Nine News Sydney with the late Brian Henderson, Peter Overton and Ken Sutcliffe (11/4/1997)

8 Likes

National Nine News Sydney - 1/11/1993

13 Likes

National Nine News Sydney with Jim Waley and Ken Sutcliffe - Sunday 5/9/1993

9 Likes

Very nice! I wonder if this was one of the tapes you got off Gumtree or something else?

1 Like

National Nine News Sydney with the late Brian Henderson, Ken Sutcliffe and Alan Wilkie - Monday 13/9/1993:

8 Likes

1/11/1993 (29 years ago today)

6 Likes

Channel Nine Adelaide
Saturday 9 December 2000

News Update With Jo Hall

‘Who’s Who Of News’ Promo (At 7:00 Minutes)

4 Likes

An old-school Who’s Who of News, promo

5 Likes

Ticker for the 1999 NSW Election shown during the broadcast of a Bee Gees concert:

4 Likes

Aug 24 2008 newsbreak.

3 Likes

Do you know who the sports guy is in the end board? Cant think of his name

1 Like

Heath O’Loughlin

3 Likes

Channel Nine Melbourne
Sunday 27 October 1996

National Nine Newsbreak With Jo Hall

3 Likes

Poor audio quality - but better to have it than not.
Havent exactly dated it , but obviously very close to Nov 1994

2 Likes

circa November 8 1996

1 Like