National Nine News 1991-Late 2000

An old-school Who’s Who of News, promo

5 Likes

Ticker for the 1999 NSW Election shown during the broadcast of a Bee Gees concert:

4 Likes

Aug 24 2008 newsbreak.

3 Likes

Do you know who the sports guy is in the end board? Cant think of his name

1 Like

Heath O’Loughlin

3 Likes

Channel Nine Melbourne
Sunday 27 October 1996

National Nine Newsbreak With Jo Hall

3 Likes

Poor audio quality - but better to have it than not.
Havent exactly dated it , but obviously very close to Nov 1994

2 Likes

circa November 8 1996

1 Like

Did NBN sometimes take the newsbreaks from Melbourne?

1 Like

NBN tended to completely avoid what Nine Sydney were doing where they could help it (including taking filler stories from Melbourne rather than Sydney in their news), so I definitely wouldn’t be surprised if they did the same with newsbreaks they didn’t provide themselves.

3 Likes

Every city did on weekends, usually after the movie.

4 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking that after I posted (generally the nights where Nightline wasn’t on, which eventually extended to Fridays once Nine got the AFL) - just wasn’t sure it was as early as 1996, but I was certainly not an age where I was awake to watch TV at 10:30pm (nor would’ve I been watching it on weekends at any rate).

Of course, this could well have been leading into the late movie (my brain was thinking an 8.30 movie, but NBN would’ve surely used an “…at the movies” intro for that) which would completely validate what you’re saying. Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, late night weekends were the only time I regularly saw those 5 minute ‘National Nine News’ newsbreaks on NBN in the 1990s.

Channel Nine Melbourne
23 October 1994

5 Second “Who’s Who Of News” Promo

30 Second “Who’s Who Of News” Promo

Newbreak With Peter Hitchener

4 Likes

National Nine News Sydney Gulf War Coverage - Thursday 17/1/1991

8 Likes

That reeally is a “Whos Who of News” lineup

6 Likes

From November 1993:

3 Likes

National Nine News Melbourne October 7, 1991 covering the death of Collingwood player Darren Millane

3 Likes

National Nine News Queensland - Sunday 21/9/1997 with Mike London, Samantha Kume and Chris Bombolas

Update/Promo:

Partial Bulletin:

11 Likes

National Nine News Queensland with Mike London, Heather Foord, Steve Hanndan and John Schluter - Thursday 25/2/1993

11 Likes