My Kitchen Rules

Dammit! I’ve been beaten :joy:

Safe to say MKR is toast and will not be back in 2021 or a second season in 2020. 3 nights under 600k shows a trend.

1 Like

Just saw tonight on Seven a really long extended promo for next week showing all the drama and shocking things that supposedly happen. They have titled it ‘Super week’. This promo has desperation written all over it.

4 Likes

Should have been ‘Super weak’.

6 Likes

Was MKR always sun-thurs next week?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

bit premuture to say its dead
MKR is too important franchice and Seven’s got a ton of sponsors on board

The comp can always go back to state vs state and have new judges !

1 Like

It’s dead. Irreversible damage has been done to the show with this new format.

At least with previous years they would have cooking featuring along with drama, this year it’s just manufactured drama with no real substance in a house. It’s alienated fans and regular viewers and they probably won’t come back again.

Yes and that’s what will cost them this year.

3 Likes

Agreed. You know a show on Seven is heading for the axe when it’s rating lower than content on the ABC and as the case was on Tuesday night, SBS!

Sure, Seven were able to rescue House Rules in 2013 but it’s considerably easier to get viewers to have another go at a program in its first season compared to one in its 11th season!

Seven had a few shockers with House Rules in subsequent years too but they managed to turn around the slumps.

Even if this season turns out to be an utter flop, they could also turn it around by getting back to basics, as Masterchef did after their disastrous Boys vs Girls season.

I’m watching, but I missed Sunday nights launch ep (didn’t realise it was on). How did the ‘romance’ between a ‘fave’ and a ‘fan’ happen so fast!? Manufactured or not. The very next episode it was all on.

1 Like

Why Does The KIIS Web Team Insist On Capitalising The First Letter In Every Word

7 Likes

Because Everything Is A Headline.

1 Like

The promo for MKR that just aired in Sydney was very fun and fresh - with no mention of drama or any reference to THE RIVALS.

1 Like

Yes, I had a feeling they would try a completely different approach with their promos after the backlash they’ve had. But I think the damage is done and they can’t change the content of what’s already been recorded.

3 Likes

I just caught with episode 2 to 4 today. The inner Sydney warehouse used by House of Manu looks familiar. I have since found out it was also used in an Open House challenge in the previous season. There is an oval in the background so it shouldn’t be too hard to find out the location, but I think it’s in Marrickville.
Why did guests pretend to be surprised with the decoration of instant restaurants in House of Colin’s mansion? One must pass through the dining room on his/her way to the rear garden so guests would have seen the decoration anyway.
I also noticed that the dinner started early when the sun was still shining outside. The instant restaurants began filming in mid July last year when the sun set just after 5pm, so teams must have had their entree before that.
The love affair between Roula and Ben could be a big side story to this season. Ben busted by Colin looking at Roula’s note (tick Yes, No or Maybe) is quite funny.

The converted warehouse used last season was in Alexandria, next to a cafe called The Copper Mill. I used drive past it, on the way to work every day. Erskineville Oval is nearby, on the opposite side of the road.

2 Likes
1 Like

Pretty much sums up that the programming and format changes were the major downfalls for this year’s show.