My Kitchen Rules

I suspect the biggest turn off last night was the fact that it was up against the Celeb finale and the Austrlaian Open Final. They stuffed up the launch night and it should have started tonight. Whilst this show has clearly had it’s heyday and the new format probably made it shed some more viewers, I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t regain at least some of it’s audience tonight.

2 Likes

No it won’t be. As long as they have sponsors they will try to make the show work. It could just be that 7 moves it.

2 Likes

Wow, what a horrible result for a horrible show! Wasn’t expecting this low, but makes since considering its competition.

Will be very interesting to see how this rates tonight, it should regain some audience, maybe heading towards 600-700,000s?

Most regular MKR viewers would not have been expecting it until “after the tennis”.

7 Likes

i’m going for team Colin, great start to MKR !

MKR should’ve been launched last Monday IMO.

Either way, I’m personally not expecting the ratings to be much better tonight, especially if Non-Binding Commitment Ceremony Melodrama Married At First Sight remains the cultrual phenomenon it was last year (I hope not, but that very long rant is for another thread).

2 Likes

Typical.

From every measure MKR’s start is abysmal.

2 Likes

When will it end :man_facepalming:t2:

DOA
Hopefully this will be an indicator for 7 to start investing in quality content. Same ole crap wears thin after a while!

2 Likes

Problem is even if they invest in quality content such as dramas, no one’s gonna watch as they’re all attached to 10 and Nine, plus Seven doesn’t have a great Summer sport platform to promote anything.

Awful.

So I do sometimes watch MKR on catch up. Is it worth watching? Is it at all similar to previous seasons?

Short answer: No

Long answer: The show just isn’t what it is anymore. At least there were some unique elements of the show before including decorating instant restaurants and working as teams of two. Now it’s just a weird blend of Masterchef, MAFS (with the bitching at dining table) and that stupid Survivor style rivalry between Manu and Colin. It’s not worth your time.

2 Likes

Slagging it off but you’re still watching it. :rofl:

I only watched snippets of it as I was flicking between channels but yes I suppose it counts as me watching :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Same old, same old. :rofl:

2 nights under 600k. I think it’s safe to say this will be the final season of MKR. No way 7 does a second season this year now.

I’d say they still will and if it does better, later in the year, it will be there in future.

The only problem later with having it on later in the year, is that it may clash with MasterChef and they’ll be fighting for the same viewers, while Nine wins again.

I don’t particularly like MKR or Survivor, and can’t stand MAFS, so it’s flicking or Netflix for me.

2 Likes

They’ll give it one more shot next year.
If they want it to work, focus on the food, bring it back to the basics.

I stopped watching it early on in the season last year because they focused on drama and it was just ridiculous. Doesn’t sound like it’s any different this year with the new format.