Music

Jimmy Barnes has scored his 12th #1 solo album with ('My Criminal Record 'which debuted at #1 this week) becoming the record holder for most #1 albums on the ARIA charts.

2 Likes

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/taylor-swifts-furious-public-statement-ignites-feud/news-story/ed9b5e64a96f8edb44ef99fb488fbac9

Taylor Swift has lashed out at the founder of her old record label Big Machine, Scott Borchetta and Justin Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun, after Borchetta sold the label and all of its rights — including Swift’s entire past six-album catalogue — to the talent manager.

Braun previously represented Swift’s nemesis Kanye West and currently boasts acts including Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande and Demi Lovato on his roster.

Lol she has become such an annoying pest it isn’t funny. What does she hope to achieve by acting like a drama queen?

Cannot stand him. He makes my head hurt.

Kylie Minogue has a number one album in Australia and the UK.

3 Likes

Some great songs on that Double CD too!

I’m a little surprised that neither “Some Kind Of Bliss” or “Did It Again” from her 1997 “Impossible Princess” album aren’t on it, but then again, she’s had so many hits that even amongst the 42 tracks that made it onto this album, some are going to miss out.

1 Like

A very thankful tweet.

3 Likes

2 Likes

IMG_20190725_084235

2 Likes

UPDATE 3/8: the judge ordered Katy Perry and her producing partners to pay US$2.8 million in damages to Flame.

1 Like

Dance Monkey by Melbourne busker Tones and I (real name Toni Watson) has debuted at No.1 on this week’s ARIA singles chart. It is also the first Australian song to top the ARIA singles chart this year, and Tones and I is the first solo female artist to reach No. 1 since Delta Goodrem’s Wings in 2015.

2 Likes

I didn’t think ARIA charts actually meant anything more… not since the the time when 16 of the Top 20 were Ed Sheeran songs.

But they still compare today’s charts to past ones.

1 Like

Wow, that’s a surprise!

At most JB Hifi stores, floor space / stock levels of CDs still outnumber LPs by probably 6-7 times.

As much I appreciate the sound quality of LPs, I still prefer CDs for their smaller size, durability, ability to easily skip songs and ease of converting to a portable format.

The demise of digital downloads in that report is somewhat surprising.

There is still a considerable amount of older stuff in particular that is still not available on streaming services.

I still buy Digital downloads as it means I have a permanent copy of that song, and can play it anywhere eg. on a plane where the internet isn’t always easily available.

TONES AND I EQUALS ARIA AUSTRALIAN RECORD

Holding #1 for ninth consecutive week, Tones And I’s ‘Dance Monkey’ equals the record for most weeks at #1 on the ARIA Singles Chart an Australian artist. The singer-songwriter joins Sydney act Justice Crew, who spent nine weeks in the top spot in 2014 with ‘Que Sera’. Her latest achievement comes in the same weekend Tones And I appears as part of the pre-game entertainment at the AFL Grand Final. ‘Dance Monkey’ has now reached #1 in ten countries. All eyes are on next week to see if she can break the ARIA Singles Chart record for an Australian artist.

Tones and I’s performance at AFL Grand Final last week means Dance Monkey is on top of the chart for the 10th week in a row.

2 Likes

Also number one in the UK this week and has hit number one in 17 countries now.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The longer this single stays on the charts, the less of a chance that Tones and I will have any future success IMO.