Music

I can’t stand his voice. Grates me.

4 Likes

His voice doesn’t match his age nor appearance (if you get what I mean), but I actually like the song too, although am not a fan of his other tunes.

Also while I’m here, a fan of Miley’s new hit, back to her roots and catchy. Also enjoyed that Becky Hill song a year back, but I’m usually old school, Gold 104.3 all the way :laughing: :notes:

1 Like

Can I ask which song are you talking about here?

While her music has received a lot of radio airplay in Australia, only two songs of hers have even charted (“Remember” with David Guetta in August last year and “Lose Control” with Meduza and Goodboys towards the end of 2019).

She definitely deserves to chart much better than that.

1 Like

Remember

Ed Sheeran’s 100k+ crowd having a disastrous effect on the entire city’s traffic, major inbound carriageways were gridlocked after 5pm and currently at nearly midnight on a weeknight the inner south-east is a car park, even freeways 20km out seeing bottlenecks, with the unprecedented volumes, this from a Seven journo before all of that late arvo:

https://twitter.com/BlakeJohnson/status/1631210350564761600?s=19

Melbourne’s major events publicist and former State MP for them on tonight:

https://twitter.com/MartinPakula/status/1631231396814667776?s=19

And gets quite passionate and defensive too:

https://twitter.com/MartinPakula/status/1616928415705346048?s=19
(this in response to a comment on an OG post from Pakula attacking Daily Telegraph’s Julian Linden for his almost daily hit pieces on the AO)

3 Likes

The album is now officially out in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. It drops at midnight in each region around the world, meaning it’ll be 11:00am AEST when it is officially released in the UK.

I’ve heard it from start to finish and it’s quite impressive :clap:

1 Like

Off to see a music icon as well as equally valued Jon Stevens and Cyndi Lauper tonight… :microphone::notes::musical_note::eyes:

2 Likes

So Tonight’s The Night!

Some Guys Have All The Luck!

Seriously, that sounds like a good gig.

1 Like

OneRepublic are performing in Sydney tonight but due to a prior commitment on my end (Supercars in Newcastle to be exact) I couldn’t make it.

1 Like

So you wasted your tickets?

Nope, didn’t buy them when I found out there was a clash.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Poor timing by News with this headline and left-hand photo :confused: Instant heart attack stuff that!

(Farnsy went into hospital again today with an infection)

7 Likes

It’s news.com.au. They thrive off scummy clickbait headlines like this.

3 Likes

People just don’t get an April Fools prank.

‘Hell’: Commuters rage at Spotify’s ‘joke’:

Streaming platform Spotify’s April Fool’s Day joke has enraged commuters. On April 1, Spotify announced that commuters could connect to trains’ Bluetooth - so everyone in their carriage could listen to their music and podcasts.

“We know daylight savings = darker commutes. Connect your Bluetooth to this carriage speaker and brighten up the journey for those around you,” an advertisement slapped across a train read.

It looked very legit. Spotify posted the news on Facebook, and commuters raged immediately. There were more than 4000 comments on Facebook and there was also a viral Twitter thread about the move. Quickly the comments spiralled into chaos, with people venting about how much they’d hate this - not realising it was a prank.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/spotifys-april-fools-joke-has-ignited-fury-among-commuters/news-story/3babfc88a20df3f903a1bb46f605b593

3 Likes

The track listing for So Fresh: The Hits of Autumn 2023 has dropped.

At just 15 tracks I think this is one of the shortest So Fresh compilations in recent memory; probably reflects how mediocre (if I can say that) the recent music has been.

To be honest I’m quite surprised “Flowers” by Miley Cyrus isn’t on it, though (I think) she is signed to Sony Music, whose artists are eligible to be included on these compilations.

2 Likes

Yes you can!

1 Like
4 Likes

It’s quite a sad state of affairs really. There was a time when Aussie music dominated the charts in Australia. ARIA Charts posts videos of top 10s from the past on Instagram and this week they did 31 May 1992.

That week saw four Aussie hits in the top 10:
10. Shakespear’s Sister - Stay
9. Michael Jackson - In The Closet
8. Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
7. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge
6. Frente - Ordinary Angels (Clunk EP)
5. Rockmelons feat. Deni Hines - That Word (L.O.V.E.)
4. Euphoria - One In A Million
3. Kris Kross - Jump
2. Mr. Big - To Be With You
1. Girlfriend - Take It From Me

Last week in the ARIA Top 50 there were only two old songs from Kid Laroi lingering at 37 and 47.

4 Likes

Some very sad news that’s come through just now - The Script guitarist Mark Sheehan has died aged 46 after a short illness.

1 Like