Ms Fisher’s Modern Murder Mysteries

It’s a tough sell but is there an alternative timeslot? Most nights, the bloated MKR will run way past 9pm.

1 Like

Probably not. But why 2 hours? Miss Fisher was only an hour long. With padding & double the ads, I can’t see this being a success.

1 Like

I agree it should have been a one hour show but who knows why they went with 2 hours. Maybe the producers felt restricted with one hour including ads

3 Likes

Perhaps they should start at 8:40pm (usually when 8:30 programs start) and finish at 10pm. This will be lucky to finish by 10:40.

2 Likes

The episode length is longer than any MKR episode so hard to see how it will fit into 2 hours.

2 Likes

Can’t they air it at 7.30 and burn Home and Away off later in the year?

More like 11pm. Seems as if 7 has set it up to fail. It’s an odd program choice by them, as it won’t do wonders in demos.

Disappointed with the timeslot, generally considered a dead night.

But I wouldn’t have expected anything more from the network that buried The Blake mysteries on a Friday

1 Like

Weren’t the original Miss Fisher and Dr Blake on Friday on the ABC?

1 Like

Yes but they were popular with an older audience that doesn’t watch sport and is at home on a Friday night. If Seven want the golden oldies fine but they axed A Place to Call Home because it wasn’t getting enough young viewers so I just assumed the ABC audience is one they want to watch this, but not exclusively.

2 Likes

Aside from Sunday’s, the days of programs consistently starting at 8:30pm are long gone. It’s yet another victim of Australia’s (unhealthy) addiction to reality TV

1 Like

What happened to sevens troditional drama slots, at 8.30 on Tuesdays?

3 Likes

American streaming service Acorn TV has acquired Ms Fisher’s Modern Murder Mysteries as well as streaming rights to Miss Fisher & The Crypt of Tears movie. The movie will be released in US cinemas before premiering on Acorn.

1 Like

1 Like

3.5 stars from TV Tonight with praise for Geraldine Hakewill and Joel Jackson’s performances.

1 Like

Obviously superior to Bad Mothers, but unlikely to rate as well. Two hours is too long & it won’t have a show like MAFS to give it a leg-up.
Another odd decision by Seven.

Maybe it is to do with funding? I think 8x60 minute episodes would have been more palatable than 4x120 minute ones though. The Thursday timeslot is also a disgrace. I hope they encore it.

1 Like

The timeslot and compounded by the run time sucks!

3 Likes

It is likely to be a huge hit on 7Plus as people will prefer to watch it on their terms at a time of their choosing, not that ridiculous timeslot.

1 Like

I would say more likely broadcast consolidated (as opposed to 7Plus VOD), as evidenced by most of Seven’s recent telemovies and mini-series?

Which hints to older viewers.

1 Like