Movies on TV

Apparently a telemovie Love at First Bark was shown on Seven in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth last night (September 21), instead of the previously scheduled Lucy. Can anyone confirm that?

1 Like

Lucy was shown as per schedule …

Love At First Bark was the midday movie on the east coast but got a big boost in Melbourne where its timeslot was protest coverage.

3 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up.

1 Like

Adelaide and Perth will get the FTA premiere of Downton Abbey movie in October, nearly six months after the east coast.

Seven: Friday 15 October at 8:30pm

Nine: Friday 15 October at 8:30pm

1 Like

I wonder why Nine aren’t airing the Bond films in anticipation for the new release.

1 Like

Last time (regrettably with the unforeseen coronavirus interruption delaying the release in early 2020) they did a “21 days of Bond”, airing at least one every night on either 9, 9Gem or 9Go.

There’s still plenty of time to do something like that before the slated local theatrical release date.

1 Like

Oh they did a 21 days of Bond because it was originally due for release then?

I guess that gives hope that they’ll do it in 2 or 3 weeks again.

1 Like

https://www.facebook.com/9Gem/videos/1040186039721539/

I’m so far behind in this thread, but Love Simon is a beautiful movie and if you want something equally beautiful and inspiring watch Love Victor on Disney+ it is the spin off series from Love Simon and is amazing.

1 Like

So just to clarify and maybe @Sully can assist, we no longer see Disney premieres on FTA? Have Disney removed all content from FTA and the only way to see Disney films is Disney Plus?

1 Like

Not 100% sure, but I don’t think many (or any) Walt Disney Pictures (incl Pixar) titles have had a FTA premiere since Nine had rights for a year, last probably 2019. Possibly a global position as to help Disney Plus?

However, you do see the occasional Disney FTA premiere from their subdiary labels (i.e.) Touchstone Pictures (e.g.) Glass a few months ago, it premiered on Seven. I think 10 have had one or two indie titles premiere from them too.

And you see Disney repeats from said labels still popping up regularly across Seven and 10 (some have returned to the former this year too after airing on the latter the last few years).

1 Like

That is a shame.

Think of all the Christmas movies that won’t get a showing too.

1 Like

If it is as such, I guess it’s really Disney’s own fault and to their detriment, less exposure on worldwide TV broadcasts for potential rise in paying subscribers for their svod service.

And I’m sure Seven (or any network that’s able) would be interested in some proper children’s/family/Pixar titles to premiere, seeing as they’ve gone to the trouble of re-licencing some previous ones (Pearl Harbor just last night another example, also ran on Shake or something only a couple of months ago too).

Yes, but the House of Mouse has done alright for itself. Not like they’re an unknown entity.

1 Like

That’s a good point :slight_smile: and I guess it’s not like Disney are the only ones protecting their IP for certain services for the same reasons.

edit

Looks like 7flix returning to early 2016 with a ‘movie every night’, hadn’t seen this promo yet (runs about 30sec and highlights various genres from the titles they have rights too):

A “next” promo for the Saturday later movie seems to have made a comeback, last seen earlier this year before Prince Philip’s death. This one tonight and oddly at the late time of 10:04pm for X-Men 2:

Plus last Saturday, at the beginning of the end credits split-screen, they did a short promo for “Chamber of Secrets: next Saturday” - which was also kind of a throwback.

1 Like

Seven:

Ford v Ferrari (2019) Sunday 17 October at 8:30 pm (9:30 pm Perth)

Anna (2019) Monday 18 October at 9:00 pm (9:30 pm Perth)

Nine:

Dootille (2020) Friday 22 October at 8:30 pm

2 Likes

And…. All Bond movies from Saturday on 9Gem every night.

Thanks @Sully for the tip!

2 Likes

This coming Saturday?

Yep! Dr No!

1 Like