Movies on TV

Paid presentation sneak peek for “Jumanji 2: Welcome to the Jungle” (2017) across Seven’s channels, airing for 7min, usually broadcast after a movie finishes. From Sony Pictures (Releasing) Australia.

You didn’t say what time it was on tho :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Cap from “Jaws” (1975) promo for Ch 7.

I’m guessing it’ll be the last time on Seven, before moving to Nine. Not just because the latter network now has a content deal with NBC Universal International, but because they already have rights to 2 and 3.

1 Like

An analysis of Die Hard as a Christmas movie.

“Titanic” (1997) airs tonight on Ch 7.

Firstly, broadcast says over 4 hours on EPG, longest movie on TV of 2017, good luck!

Promoted as “digitally remastered” and “20th Anniversary”.

Wondering if that’s a version released on home entertainment or just Seven’s spin?

NB/
Viewers commented on social media last night, saying Seven had done something to “Jaws” (1975), alleging it was cropped or wrong aspect and less quality (despite also being promoted as “digitally remastered”)?

1 Like

In fact, I swear Seven removed parts of National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation on Christmas Night too when it aired. Like the scene between Clark Griswold and that young woman that he was flirting with while he was shopping and his son notices. I don’t know if I just missed it but I’m pretty sure I didn’t. Maybe it was because this scene is close to the start of the movie and Seven deemed it to risque to show at that time of night just after 7:00…

Yes, for classification, Seven removed:

•An ‘F-word’.
•A side-shot of a partially naked woman on a pool diving board, where the side of her breast is visable during Chevy Chase’s ephifany.

In order to bring the classification down from “M” to “PG” (Mild Violence, Some Coarse Language) for a 7pm broadcast.

1 Like

No promiscuous lamp shades i hope :no_mouth:

5 Likes

FYI

Titanic finished at 12:50am in Sydney & Melbourne, including two delays totalling 7min overtime.

After starting at 8:38pm :sleeping:

1 Like

What were the delays?

1 Like

Behold…why watching movies on commercial TV is utterly pointless.

4 Likes

Prolonged Sydney-Hobart Seven News Updates during ad breaks.

2 Likes

Saw a promo for “Epic movies in 2018” for 7mate, with the female V/O and a new male V/O.

Gee, Seven really pushing movies hard, with two separate promos for movies for 7flix and 7mate respectively.

They do air the most movies of the networks and have the biggest rating movies, so I suppose justified + a movie channel.

1 Like

Another week with a movie every night :raised_hands:

What about the tennis? Was that just main channel for the first week?

But still, really boring, summer non-ratings programming.

I think that should read 2003

Why air a classic at that time of night!?

Network premiere, another Warner Bros pick-up from Nine.

An update on this:

I was correct, that the networks discovered the coincidental clash.

But Nine have decided to drop it (despite having it scheduled a day earlier - perhaps they thought they had rights, but actually didn’t).

“48 Hrs” (1982) remains on ONE Thursday night.

“Tango & Cash” (1990) [Warner Bros] now scheduled for 9Go! Wednesday night.

2 Likes

Weird. The Tasmanian tv guide in TV Week never had this on 9Go. They had Tango and Cash. And it was 2 weeks early!

1 Like

Nine’s advanced program guide (two weeks early) definitely originally had 48 Hrs for 9Go!

I saw what I saw on Dec 18. That’s what aired. Who knows? Maybe they changed it then changed it back, Networks do that all the time.

1 Like

It was freak programming, I supoose it can happen.

I don’t believe it Nine!

First movie I’ve seen without your bloody annoying ad break ‘bumpers’ :grinning: Thanks.

Watching a MovieMan fav on 9Gem, 1995’s “The Quick and the Dead”. A cult flick, disapppinted at the box office but received reasonable reviews.

IMO excellent direction and script execution from Sam Raimi, as well as the cinematography. Russell Crowe’s first US feature in a terrific performance, also fantastic work from Gene Hackman.