Movies on TV

Good pick-up for Seven, Nine would be disappointed.

Another Warner Bros pick-up.

I’m sure they’ll cope with losing a 13-year-old movie that did little for them last year a multi-channel.

1 Like

But if shown on the main channel at a good timeslot, it’s always been popular.

A modern, lovely Christmas classic.

I watch it every year if I can.

1 Like

Rough year for Channel Nine no doubt.

• Losing Lisa Wilkinson to Ten
  • The Don Burke sexual misconduct allegations
  • Losing the rights to ‘The Polar Express’ (2004)
4 Likes

•Among many other WB staples…
•Losing the main channel ratings by 0.1% 5 city and Melbourne (ouch!)
•‘Jacket Gate’

5 Likes

7mate have been airing all the Police Academy movies.

But obviously don’t have the rights to No. 5 yet?

As schedule goes from No. 4 (Citizens on Patrol) last night to No. 6 (City Under Siege) this Friday.

So annoying, a pet hate, when networks have rights to different installments of the same franchise.

Another is “Stuart Little” (9Go!) next week, “Stuart Little 2” (2002) aired on 7flix a few nights ago :expressionless:

The original Police Academy movie was funny, the rest were rubbish. No real loss to Nine.

1 Like

Good to see more and more movies on tv broadcast in their original aspect ratio.

Curse those who use the zoom in feature on their tv to remove the black bars (unless you have a 21:9 tv) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve seen a couple of friends who have Foxtel and their television both at the wrong setting so that normal 16:9 is zoomed in. Some people just don’t know

1 Like

What!? No Die Hard on Christmas Eve / night!? Arghhhh :dizzy_face:

Starting a movie on the main channel at 6:30pm :open_mouth:

Ah yes, Ten’s good old First Wives Club, endlessly repeated (they got the rights back this year, after losing it to Nine a few years ago).

1 Like

Yes, Fox should have given Ten special dispensation to show Die Hard.

What do you mean?

The contract termination was for their long-running output deal.

The back-catalogue of films is a separate deal, shared amongst Seven, Nine & Ten (though majority with the latter).

I’ve seen a number of 20C Fox movies on Ten’s channels in recent weeks. Just a disappointing programming move, as Die Hard movies would air around Christmas.

1 Like

I’d like to see Ten air “Miracle on 34th Street” (1994) which they used to air on Christmas night. Last I think was around 2009. Also 20C Fox.

1 Like

I much prefer the original movie - that is a classic.

2 Likes

Yes it is, the remake wasn’t as bright and positive.

However, no main channel airs ‘golden age’ (B&W) movies now.

I’ll defer to your expert knowledge.

It has been colourised.

:smiley:

1 Like

I might have to watch the DVD. BTW, Christmas Vacation 2 is puerile rubbish, and an insult to the original.