Movies on TV

“Justice League” (2017) FTA premiere

20200303_215508

20200303_215525

20200303_215652

20200303_215805

4 Likes

It will start this Sunday night (March 15) with Dr No, with at least one title each night.
Nine is continuing with the campaign even though cinema release of No Time to Die has been pushed back to November.

2 Likes

updated

7mate have returned an old tag line/graphic “Double Feature Sundays”, with Clash of the Titans and Wrath of the Titans.

Hilarious V/O Duncan Fellows then goes “…but it’s actually 3 movies… Because we can’t count! Double Feature Sundays (now with 3 movies)” LOL :joy:

(Also includes late night movie - which is rarely promoted - Exodus Gods and Kings “and for the first time on mate”. Previously aired on 10. From the 20C Fox output).

2 Likes

Looks like this is going ahead tonight with no changes RE: coronavirus coverage

NB/ Those bunnies are really cute, so realistic! :rabbit2: :smiley:

Peter Rabbit (2018) FTA premiere

(From Prime7 on Facebook, but promo said “before it hits cinemas” or something, so might’ve been edited or no longer broadcasting)

2 Likes

Early 1995 WIN airing of ‘The Exorcist’…13 years before Nine aired the “Version You’ve Never Seen” version in 2008:

5 Likes

James Corden’s voice as Peter Rabbit just doesn’t work for me. I’m looking at the character but thinking of a pretentious prima donna. Corden is a talented guy, but his previous put on smug act has become real - he seems to actually believe he is above everyone else.

2 Likes

Airdate: January 28, 1995.

That was the 8.30pm movie, with Exorcist II on at 11.05pm (with a National Nine Newsbreak in the guides for 11pm) for the night owls.

2 Likes

“Stormbreaker” (2006) airing on 9Go! for the second time, in the exact timeslot in 2 weeks? I wonder why, weird.

Saturday 11 April has Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Nine and Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory on Seven, both at 7pm.

While on SBS we have Slow TV The Chocolate Factory: Inside Cadbury Australia

7 Likes

Willy Wonka and Charlie going head to head? Of course Seven and Nine will copy each other and put the same (or very similar) movie on at the same time.

Chocolate lovers would be happy on the Saturday (with SBS’ special too)

2 Likes

They wouldn’t have known. Obviously no copying here just a really massive coincidence.

It’s Easter and Easter means chocolate.

2 Likes

Wonder who’ll budge, if any, first. Nothing wrong with both head-to-head, but far form ideal and weird.

FTA premiere, from Seven’s 20C Fox output. This swept the Academy Awards, including Best Picture in 2018. I saw it at the cinemas and thought it was excellent.

However, some may not enjoy or quite grasp its thematics and plot, probably lean more on Seven’s older audience and those who like period settings and sci-fi / mystery.

2 Likes

“Batman” (1989) network premiere on 7mate Sunday week at 6pm. From their WB deal. Previously aired to death for 29 years on Nine, after premiering on Sunday July 1991.

The Shape of Water has been taken off Seven’s schedule, making way for Pooch Perfect, which in turn will start late due to the new episode of House Rules.

1 Like

As a result of HR commencing tonight rather than last night?

Seven seems to really like changing their schedule, don’t they?

I think even before the virus hit, Seven would tinker with their schedules quite a bit.

Update: TBAs have been filled in for Friday.

Friday 10 April Good Friday
07:00 PM Better Homes And Gardens
08:30 PM House Rules: High Stakes x 3 Rpt

Melbourne
07:00 PM Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal
08:00 PM Better Homes And Gardens
09:30 PM House Rules: High Stakes x 3 Rpt

1 Like