Movies on TV

It was the night he died. That was my bad, I accidentally wrote year.
It beat the premiere of Bringing Sexy Back, as well as Winners and Losers.

1 Like

The most shocking thing in that article are the figures and subsequent ratings drops for The Project & 10 News. Wow

3 Likes

Bridget Jones Diary and Bridget Jones Baby going head-to-head tonight on 7flix and Ch 9 respectively. Woeful programming, I reckon one will change at late notice? @TV.Cynic

1 Like

”Kingsman: The Golden Circle” (2017) FTA premiere

3 Likes

FTA premiere. From Nine’s Roadshow deal.

Both from Warner Bros. It will be the FTA premiere for The Lego Batman Movie, also the second Batman movie to premiere on Seven after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in October last year.

2 Likes

“Batman Begins” (2005) actually aired on 7mate on Sunday September 30 last year.

1 Like

Sorry for replying so late to this. The classic 1966 Batman movie, which was based on the television series, premiered on TEN-10 Sydney at 7:30pm on Friday 3 March 1972.

Source: SMH Google Archives.

According to Wikipedia the movie premiered on US television on ABC on 4 July 1971.

1 Like

For those interested, Nine have advised that 9Gem’s Saturday movie has changed in some markets to

THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH

Adelaide 8:50pm; Melbourne 9:20pm; Perth 10:25pm

Ping @Sully @Bort @MrTVAus

6 Likes

Nine once again calling a movie a “premiere” when it actually isn’t.
40 Days & 40 Nights (2002)

Last aired thirteen years ago on December 15 in 2006 on 10. Licensed by NBC-U.

1 Like

And it’s not a major flick.

1 Like

Most likely because it’s the first time airing on 9 hence the premier

2 Likes

No, Nine never tag-line these. Only Seven do it “first time on 7” or “first time on 7mate”. The exact above graphic is used when it’s a FTA premiere on 9Go!

It seems to be they’ve got it wrong like this before when the movie hasn’t aired in a long time (i.e.) case in point. It’s laziness by staff not checking OzTam history or historical programming guides for the title, just assuming it’s a FTA premiere.
As Seven (for example) are always correct with their promos when using “premiere” or “first time” or none (if a repeat).

Not a big issue, but it is misleading and lazy.

1 Like

I realise you’re not a TV network, but you’ve labelled a lot of movie airings in this thread as network premieres yourself when they haven’t been! :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

it’s just their EPG that is sloppy?

3 Likes

Evidently so. But they fixed that automation/programming issue some months later, by removing EPG add-ons altogether.

2 Likes

This backs-up my comment above. 9Go! are airing Hanna tonight, but they didn’t put “premiere” on the promo, as they must know it’s aired on another FTA network before:

But it’s a recent film. Last aired on Boxing Day night on 7flix in 2017. Premiered on Seven in 2013. Again from NBC-U.

Whereas 40 Days & 40 Nights (as discussed) also has its first Nine run, but it’s over 15 years old and Nine clearly didn’t research very hard and came to the lousy conclusion it was a FTA premiere. Which gets them into the aforementioned strife.

1 Like

FTA premiere. From Seven’s 20C Fox output.

It was a box office success and received mixed reviews.

Seven had the rights to “Grease” for as long as I can remember, from Paramount (though Nine will no doubt have SVOD rights through their new Stan deal). 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s. (Nine and/or 10 may have got rights once or twice in-between in some markets?)

Seven last aired it after the epic GWS vs Western Bulldogs AFL Prelim in 2016 (itsself the second highest rating non-Grand Final game in history).

Nine then aired it on the Aus Open Women’s Final night the next summer (January 2017). Nine last aired it on 9Gem in July last year. Must’ve only been licenced limited runs.

1 Like
2 Likes