Movies on TV

Captain America: The First Avenger was broadcast on Seven two nights ago.

3 Likes

The first number of years of Marvel (“Cinematic Universe”) movies were handled by Paramount, before being bought by Disney. Yet kept the original logo openings.

Remember when 10 used to have rights to the early ones (before losing them to Seven under then Disney exclusivity).

1 Like

It feels like Seven air this and “The Day After Tomorrow” every second week!

4 Likes

Man 7mate promo endtags are starting to feel a little bit “outdated”…

Networks use the same filed promos, some have been running for many years now, just changing the channel, day and time graphics

1 Like

FTA premiere, from Nine’s deal with NBC-U.

Telemovie from 2010 starring Richard Roxburgh and Asher Keddie before that years infamous election with Gillard knifing Rudd and then Labor winning with independents after hung parliament.

2 Likes

From a review in 2010.

“First time on 7mate” (had a graphic saying that too) Marvel’s Fantastic 4

Remake-reboot-sequel of the 2005 film.

2 Likes

Walt Disney’s original Mary Poppins on Nine

Unfortunate that clearly no network was licensed over summer when the remake had its theatrical run, but glad someone can finally air it.

4 Likes

I also notice 9GO! is showing Disney’s 1940 classic Fantasia next week (Friday May 31 I think). It’s the first time a Mickey Mouse movie airs on Nine Network.

2 Likes

4 Likes

7mate’s themed movie nights (usually Mondays after Talking Footy) have proved popular, rating very well.

“Predator” movies, which they’ve done twice now and this. 7mate’s annual “movies” promo over summer also showed there’ll be an “Alien” one soon.

2 Likes

Tonight’s “Godzilla” (2014) movie on Seven has a sponsor tie-in for the upcoming “Godzilla II” theatrical release.

Roadshow TV opener as seen at the start of the movie “U571” tonight on 9Gem

2 Likes

FTA premiere for the movie? Anyway it has been scheduled to coincide with the release of the sequel in cinemas on June 20.

Nope, FTA premiere was on 1 December last year, on Nine. From their NBCU deal.

1 Like

“Training Day” (2001) network premiere on 10 Peach. Formerly always on Nine including FTA premiere in 2004. From Roadshow. (Thanks to Zampakid for some of the info)

Promo

Opener (but with no ‘Roadshow TV’ logo as was attached to Nine’s old copy I saw air late at night a year or so ago)

Sorry for the quality too.

3 Likes

Still not keen on spending $30 on a USB tuner? I reckon you qualify as a “seasoned MS capper” by now…

2 Likes

To be fair, I’m not a ‘resident capper’, I don’t have anywhere near the frequency of caps as others, I’m lucky to post one a week. Usually it’s a digital capture anyway.

But thank you for the friendly reminder :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you are. You have provided a lot of caps to the community. I think I speak for a lot of people when I encourage you to get a tuner stick so your caps can be appreciated a bit more, now and into the future. I do hope you reconsider!

2 Likes

Alright

2 Likes