Movies on TV

No, not movies switching networks, but about networks signing with studios.

It is always public or certainly media interest when any company spends millions of $$$ investing in something, is it not? Many members of the community love the business sections of the newspaper.

There were plenty of articles on this very thing back in 2013-2015 from such mastheads as The Australian and AFR such as on Seven restructuring Disney and picking up Warner Bros including TBBT, Nine forgoing Warner Bros, etc. Obviously with the focus on the fiscal and business aspect.

2 Likes

most of

There are still some Warner Bros movies and programs on Nine, though.

1 Like

I knew what you meant. Apologies if I phrased it wrong.
I’d be surprised if movies were worth millions anymore to TV networks, given most networks use them as fillers or multichannel rejects. Probably why we’ve seen so many distributors switch networks recently. I doubt there’s been bidding wars.

The supply of TV content to TV networks is understandable, plus it comes at a time when linear TV is under threat. Nine losing/renewing its MGM licence probably doesn’t fall into that category.

3 Likes

Oh all good :slight_smile: And a well worded reply.

(Wanted to give you a ‘thumbs up’ emoji but it isn’t working on mobile atm for some reason).

Edit
Used a different device and it now works, but now can’t undo the normal ‘like’. Never mind, you get a double like!

1 Like

Walt Disney-Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2” (2017) FTA premiere on Nine

Anyone know if this movie has aired on Seven before?

I’m guessing it has, I know they struck a deal with Paramount about a decade ago for a string of movies (around the time they got “Indiana Jones”) but then gradually lost it to Nine, both still sharing with 10 who’ve had it for decades.

This movie has been on Nine in recent years, formerly on 10 in at least the 2000s.

Yes most recently 27/12/14

1 Like

Something I noticed, 10 Peach have scheduled the movies “Divergent” and “Insurgent” next week which are licenced here by 20th Century Fox TV.

They recently aired on 7flix last year.

So either that’s an error? Or Seven only purchased one run and 10 have become friendly again with Fox (who terminated their entire output in 2017)?

Ten has cherry picked some Fox content in the past twelve months. Money is money.

Divergent and Insurgent are distributed by Entertainment One in Australia. Not sure why 20th Century Fox has its hands on them.

Yeah, Entertainment One appears to have had the cinema distribution rights to Divergent in Australia, with 20th Century Fox distributing it on DVD and Blu-ray.

1 Like

You don’t accidentally schedule that your network doesn’t have the rights to.

2 Likes

It actually does happen though.

Both Nine and 10 last year scheduled the 1980s classic “48 Hrs” and “Another 48 Hrs” in the same week on multi-channels.

Nine eventually changed (must’ve got the wrong date for being licenced?)

1 Like

Pretty sure they were both on 10Peach about 6 weeks ago.

Really?

Yeah but I can’t find when it aired.
Edit: I believe the 2 movies aired the second week of January.

“Keeping Up With The Joneses” (2016) FTA premiere, market variated

2 Likes

Disney’s 1973 animated movie Robin Hood aired on 9GO! this evening. It has not been shown on TV for a while. I think it is one of the titles from the famous Disney vault.

1 Like

Dave (1993, Warner Bros) will air on 7flix for the first time this Sunday.
It first aired on Nine on Sunday, 12th November 1995:

2 Likes

following on from above

“Dave” (1993) network premiere on 7flix tonight

This will be the first time this movie has been on another network besides Seven.

FTA premiere.

2 Likes