Movies on TV

Does it really matter which Network has the rights for most of these? They get pumped out 2-4 times a year anyway, regardless of Network.

3 Likes

To be fair, The Incredibles hasn’t been on FTA in years and I noted it at the time of Incredibles 2’s theatrical run last year. Seven must’ve lost the rights when their output was abandoned a few years back.

1 Like

I have been so used to seeing Disney movies and TV shows on Seven over the past 30 years, it is disappointing to find them appearing on Nine and Stan.
I feel their relationship is coming to an end (even without an output deal).

2 Likes

LOL .

fsir enough I guess

2 Likes

Widescreen Incredibles on 9Go!

1 Like

1 Like

The Wizard of Oz returns to Seven

2 Likes

Nope. It was an annual event on Seven during the 1970s and 1980s as was Willy Wonka. Looked forward to them every year.

Here’s Seven’s Ivan Hutchinson with the 50th anniversary screening in 1989:

7 Likes

Interesting Nine have gone for the original 101 Dalmatians (which is a better film) over the 90s live-action remake with Glenn Close, which Seven seemed to favour (the only one I remember them airing).

Though Close’s performance was fantastic, scary!

Thanks for that. We’re not all as old as you NewsWeary :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I did consider it may have been the case too, hence the " (?) ".

Anyone know when Nine aired The Wizard of Oz if theirs was a modern/stretched/reformatted 16:9 version? Or original 4:3? @Zampakid

Because 7flix are airing in its original letterbox format. Wonder if its the same copy from decades ago when they used to air it.

NB/ 7flix’s picture and sound quality doesn’t to it justice.

2 Likes

Original 4:3

4 Likes

Pity. Warner Bros restored The Wizard of Oz in 2009.

2 Likes

According to Seven, Predator is “new” :thinking:

2 Likes

Walt Disney’s Mulan (1998) network premiere on 9Go! Friday week.

Nine again calling a movie a “premiere” when it definitely isn’t. Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit previously aired on 10.

1 Like

So with gradual input of Disney movies, Nine has access to titles distributed by every Hollywood studio except 20th Century Fox. I don’t think it’s good for competition, as 10 needs to stock up its own movie library as rights to movies from 1990s and early 2000s begin to expire.

1 Like

Hacksaw Ridge FTA premiere

2 Likes

Shown before the airing of 101 Dalmations on 9Go:

3 Likes

I notice a screencap of Beauty and the Beast remake starring Emma Watson. That means Nine will have the FTA premiere later this year.