Movies on TV

I am now the movie man.

5 Likes

Depends on the movie. Certain kinds of movies involving a certain 7 Queensland news reader…:joy::joy::joy:

9Gem doing another James Bond marathon (last was only a few months ago) from the beginning, with Dr No Thursday week. Nine are losing the MGM output in June next year just an FYI.

Edit

Forgot to edit, Nine decided to bring it forward a week and put them on Fridays, began last week.

1 Like

Going to where?

1 Like

I don’t think there’s been any announcement? Nine may be able to renew/renegotiate anyway? I just know (from two sources) Nine’s MGM rights are lapsing then.

1 Like

Professor Farnsworth style Good news everyone!

Nine are so pleased with my previous ratings, they can’t resist to put me to air again :wink: You can see me 7pm Saturday week on 9Go!

Although sadly I’m airing too early, so they’ve had to chop me up a bit.

(I’ll be followed at 9pm by that lesser Denzel Washington one, something tells me Nine also aired that recently too).

1 Like

10Peach about to start airing movies on Saturdays and Sundays during the day. Not sure if it’s a one off or a more permanent move.

Throwback to 2015 when Nine aired a Walt Disney Pictures film ‘Angels In The Outfield (1994)’:

2 Likes

Bridget Jones’s Baby Promo:

3 Likes

Another awkward example of movie franchise rights being split between different networks (at least at this stage). Also off topic, but as mentioned by others in the Monday just gone ratings thread, Nine are fools airing another movie after the disastrous audience for the premiere of “The Boss” (though Bridget Jones would be more popular).

1 Like

Another example I can think of is The Terminator franchise.

2 Likes

And just on The Terminator franchise, the first three are each licenced by a different tv distributor (MGM, Studiocanal+ and Sony respectively) and I believe each has aired on all 3 commercial networks now.

Edit

I remember about 10+ years ago T2 regularly aired on Ten, while Rise of the Machines aired on Nine.
I presume Seven aired the original when they had MGM for a long time.

Now Nine have been airing the original and Seven have been airing T2 and ROTM.

1 Like

Only Terminator 2 is worth watching multiple times in my opinion. It is an all-time classic movie.

2 Likes

100% agreed. Soft spot for the original too. 3rd is almost forgettable.

1 Like

@Zampakid I take it this is another modern logo cover-up job by Warner Bros? (Police Academy 2 on Seven)

2 Likes

The latest example of movie franchise rights being split between different networks. IIRC Seven has the rights to the first four movies in the Bourne franchise: The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne Ultimatum, and The Bourne Legacy.

1 Like

Scooby Doo 2 - 9Go! and 7Flix Promo Endtags:

4 Likes

“Speed” (1994) returns to Seven Friday week 8:30pm on 7mate, previously on Ten.

Here are caps from an original promo in the late 90s, found on YouTube

1 Like

That promo (judging by the 1998-99 era graphics) would’ve been from one of the early reruns.

Channel Seven aired the movie Speed for the very first time on October 12, 1997 and there may have also been “Speed Week” graphics in promos around that time.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have a clue when it premiered, I’d assume on Seven though as I understand they had the 20C Fox output back then. @Zampakid will know though.