Movies on TV

With the new Super Mario movie in cinemas next week, Does Nine still have the rights to the original Super Mario movie (aired on 9Go last year)?

Networks used to be good at scheduling the original movie when a sequel or remake is released in cinemas. Easy ratings.

It’s on SBS on Demand at the moment, pretty sure I’ve seen it pop up on World Movies before, but can’t see it in the schedule for this week.

1 Like

Seven:

Saturday 8 April 8:50PM Seven and 7Mate

Nine:

Sunday 9 April 9:30 PM 9Go!

Monday 10 April Midday

Friday 14 April Midday

Friday 14 April 8:30 PM (Nine/9Gem)

I notice that the Harry Potter movie franchise has returned to Nine, after five years on Seven. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone will be shown on Nine on Saturday, April 15 at 7.30pm.

2 Likes

I think you mean less than 5 years actually, wasn’t it the end of 2018 and Seven last ran them some months back?

2 Likes

Harry Potter was last on Nine in November 2017.

4 Likes

So HP’s tenure at Seven was shorter than I thought.

2 Likes

I wonder if Nine still has the extended version of Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone in its archives? They played it up until they lost the rights to Seven.

2 Likes

It seems that nobody is airing the 2005 Charlie of the Chocolate Factory movie this year for some reason. Ten had it last year and Nine the previous two, but nobody is this year.

There are plenty of movies from years gone by that don’t air on FTA.

1 Like

Willy Wonka is on Nine tonight, might give the Good Friday Appeal a run for its money

In December, there are plenty of Christmas movies that air on FTA. But come Easter time, not so many “Easter and/or Religious films” would air.

I know Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory aired last night. It involves chocolate (not quite easter eggs though…).

In the past, films like the controversial The Passion of the Christ would air. That hasnt been seen on fta for some time now.

Im sure that there are kids Easter Bunny films that could air during the day too.

2 Likes

The Greatest Story Ever Told used to be a regular Easter movie.

Nine is showing Noah on Saturday - a Biblical story.

2 Likes

I also recall The Ten Commandments regularly airing

edit

A now very rare second Saturday prime time promo and for a FTA premiere (from TVW-7 Perth around 8:50pm):

2 Likes

Someone at SBS has realised they still own the rights. It’s on NITV, lol. Too late now for the ratings it would’ve got if they aired it last week.

Seems a lot of movies air on NITV these days.

2 Likes

“Harry Potter Saturdays” Promo:

3 Likes

Couple of premiere movies on Nine next week including a made for TV midday movie that is known by two names.

Wednesday 26 April 8:30/9:30pm

Nine:
Friday 27 April Midday aka Putting Love to the Test.

1 Like

Midday movie on Nine Friday 5 May

9 Go! Friday 5 May 9:30 pm

9Go! Thursday 11 May 8:30 PM

Midday on 12 May on Nine

Seven or 7Mate
Saturday 13 May 7:30 PM

1 Like

The FTA premiere of Fast & Furious 9 will happen five days before its sequel Fast X is in Australian cinemas. (Fast 11, to be released in 2025, will mark the end of the movie series)

1 Like

9Go! has scheduled Fast & Furious 7 at the same time as Seven’s premiere; possible for a late change to this.

1 Like