Movies on TV

Saturday August 13 7:30 PM - Seven and 7Mate

1 Like

Last movie I saw before lockdown - Feb 27 2020. So wasn’t quite released during pandemic.

I’ve also deleted a spoiler from your post.

1 Like

It wasn’t very good, but nowhere near as bad as Fantasy Island.

Attempted streaming it on Netflix or Binge or Stan about a year ago, fell asleep half-way through and can’t remember it much. I was surprised, normally a specific genre I really like. I’m also aware I’m in the minority with this view. Definitely need to re-watch. Ill see if 9Now uploaded it.

Wednesday 17 August 7:30 pm 9Go!

Saturday 20 August 5:40 pm 9Go!

Monday 15 August 8:40 pm 9Gem

Monday 22 August 8:30 PM 9Go!

First time on Seven:

9Go! also featuring a few movies that have previously been seen on Seven.

Tuesday 16 August 12.50 AM (Monday late night) Seven

In TV guides the movie is listed as Until We Are Safe.

From the James Bond producers (EON) Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli (who have produced every entry since Goldeneye in 1995, the latter is the daughter of original producer ‘Cubby’ Broccoli dating back to the inaugural movie “Dr No” in 1962). It is however not UA/Metro Goldwyn Mayer, this one is licenced here by Paramount (which it’s still surprising Viacom-CBS don’t lock away all their content for Network 10/Paramount Plus).

It was sadly a huge box office bomb, one of the worst ever, a record for a mainstream release and in its second weekend another record for the amount of cinemas who pulled it (nearly every one of over 3,000), the studio lost up to $40m apparently. Hope the marketing director was sacked instantly.

Just saw a promo for “Ragnarok” this Saturday and V/O said for the first time on seven mate (haven’t seen a promo use that in a couple of years).

Maybe also because they saw they technically couldn’t use premiere, but wanted to make it look newer and as they’ve been airing FTA first runs in that timeslot recently.

Noticed 7flix airing Cars tonight. Hasn’t been on the network in a decade (November 2012) and premiered almost 14 years ago to the night after the AFL Grand Final in 2008, where more than 1 million metro watched. It also was shown twice on Nine in September/October 2019. Once again, it is a Disney Plus sponsorship tie-in, to which they’ve been re-licenced.
Wonder if it’s the same copy, I’d imagine it is, I think it is as the opening just cut straight to the first scene (with no logos), where as the recent one’s Seven have aired for the first time have looked more glossier (if that makes sense) and had the modern logos in full.
I think 2008 was also a time the network changed some long-held presentation elements, including break bumpers and end-of-movie V/Os.

2 Likes

Friday 30 September 8.30 PM ABC TV

Nine:

Saturday 8 October 7:30 PM

9Go!

Friday 7 October 7:30 PM

1 Like

From WB, with Nine’s renewed relationship as seen this year from their deal including Stan last year.

And more instances of awkward franchise rights split across networks, the original Witches last aired on 10 (Peach) and the other Wonder Woman/ DC currently on Seven.

How so?

Well it’s never ideal to have rights across various networks, especially if out of order, unless the other networks play ball

1 Like

9Go! Wednesday 12 October 9:50 pm

9Go! Saturday 15 October 7:30 pm

Nine Saturday 15 October 12:05 am (Sunday morning)

Seven Friday 21 October 8:30 pm

9Go! Saturday 22 October 9:40 pm

1 Like

I’ve gotta say, I’m really impressed lately with the amount of quality films on FTA.

Last night alone we had movies on 7, 7Mate, 7Flix, 9, 9Gem, 9Go and 10 Peach.

Wonder Woman 1984, Meet the Parents, Meet the Fockers, We’re the Millers, Dennis the Menace are just a few examples.

It’s great to see.

A lot of the new release movies are held off until AFL and NRL seasons have finished.

3 Likes

Is the general length of time for FTA-screened movies still two years? From the time they first hit the cinema to the time they actually go on tv.