Mock Studio Designs

As Three turns 30, I would love to see a new studio in 2020 so I used my old Newshub studio mock u to pull the existing elements and upgrade the set for minimal cost, I feel like I need something behind the main anchor screens and as a topper for the set too feedback welcome.

11 Likes

Amazing, as always! Really like this.

3 Likes

Amazing as always, so great to see your studio mocks again.

2 Likes

Does anyone have any rough dimensions for 7’s Martin place studio? I’m looking to make some mocks incorporating a version of the Melbourne set, but it’s quite hard to know the limits of the space without a rough guide as to available space.

Hope this helps these are rough and what I walked out while I was there

Street Wall 4m

Elizabeth St Wall p1 4m

Elizabeth St Wall p2 12

P3 3m

Mp 12m

Stairs 1.5m

Width from glass to wall 3m and angle 5m

Glass height 10.5m in 3.5 sections

5 Likes

Legend, thankyou!

2 Likes

Is it possible to get a model from the SketchUp Free online page into the Indigo application? Or can it only be done through the SketchUp desktop application?

1 Like

I think it can only be done on the desktop application

1 Like

Set Idea for in Today 2020 with the move to North Sydney

Sorry for the newshub graphic forgot to switch it out.

18 Likes

Perfect set :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::smiley:
9e9

3 Likes

Looks great, however I don’t think it’s suited for Today. Looks like another dark cave with video backgrounds.

5 Likes

The set looks great. But not a fan of the background. My favourite part of the sunrise set is the windows. I know they don’t have windows but they could simulate some windows to make it look like they do.

3 Likes

A BBC mock I made. Specifically of Studio N8, which originally served as the BBC News Channel’s studio:

5 Likes

What do you think?

3 Likes

Another N8 screenshot. This time of the sofa area (recycled from TC7)

3 Likes

That looks great.

1 Like

New Version now that I saw the logo in the today thread
Top row of colours would be a ticker, just didn’t have an image to go in. backgrounds could be switched out to faux windows or streetscapes. Still deciding on where to fit the soft/sofa set.

18 Likes

Love it. Can the background be a live / outdoorsy shot? :thinking:

2 Likes

Definitely, if you have an image I can put it in and show you

1 Like

Given that Today will move to North Sydney in 2020, this is just a refresh which will hopefully revitalise their current set for the next 6 months or so. Essentially, It replaces the wall normally behind the newsreader with a monitor wall similar to the ones on the Perth and Sydney 9News sets. Something I’d like to see it used for is to show a live streetview of somewhere different around the country each day.

The current soft set would remain the same until they move. The light bars above the set are similar to those that 10 have in their Sydney studio, thus allowing the lights to move. (Graphics are a very quick mockup based on the new logo shown today)

5 Likes