Mock Studio Designs

Really nice design, it’s so simple yet would make the broadcast look polished. Reminds me of News Hub :blush:

2 Likes

Also put together a weather centre concept. Not really sure what people have in mind when they talk about Seven creating a “weather centre” so any suggestions most welcome!

8 Likes

Good concept, but the teal is just awful. Maybe a blue?

2 Likes

Finally figured out how to fix the issue you were having.

When you drag an image into sketch up, it stays as a group by itself.
What you need to do is right-click on the image and click use as material then delete the image you imported.

You can then use the paint tool to place the images in your model if the image doesn’t line up by itself right click on the material / image then right click and select texture and use the menu to select position, should fix the issue.

1 Like

1 Day builds

Nine Regional News in the style of the new Nine News studios

Slightly scaled down to fit in a 10m x 8m space.

11 Likes

But nothing looks local about that. It all looks national with national weather national backdrops and no local branding anywhere

You’d want a Canberra skyline, or Wollongong as backdrop. 9 news Canberra on the front of desk. -and ACT region weather

@theGradyConnell

I just put the graphics I have on file in the model or images I have available. My idea would be is where the map of Australia is would be replaced with local imageary.

I will not be making custom graphics just for a mock studio. When the regional news launches I will adjust as such.

Thank you, hopefully I can now do this!

1 Like

Love that new studio for Channel 9, I was hoping I could see this

1 Like

I that was why I couldn’t do those monitors, becasue the image would be over the seperations, where as the image paint will not be

1 Like

Hope this keeps @KICK-IT Happy

5 Likes

Looks fantastic! Thanks for the effort.

1 Like

@theGradyConnell How do you do the curved screens, when I try to use the image paint, I can’t position it, but when it is on a flat wall I can

Best thing to do is make the curve and then paint the image on then use the rectangle tool to break up the curve which registers the image as flat not curved then repeat for the rest of the curved screen then right click on the dividing lines and select soften which will get rid of the lines.

1 Like

@theGradyConnell hey, are you working on an AM show set mock? would love to see what you do with that!

1 Like

I am. It’s not quite a mock tho more a recreation. So as it stands I have the new wall panels and re coloured the design as per the launch media photos.

Nine Regional News using either 2 cameras or digital zoom which is what some networks use for box shots to zoom in closer on their host.

6 Likes

In what is a mock studio of sorts, found an interesting mock/plan for a version of the previous Seven News Sydney set.

From here http://keywordteam.net/315965-news-tv-studio-sets.html

2 Likes

What if Newshub had stayed in the old 3 set?

4 Likes

Why have you used a green screen?