Mock Studio Designs

I absolutely love that desk… a Studio 10 logo would look terrific in place of the 10!

7 Likes

@blackbox were you referring to this one by @theGradyConnell
It would look Great actually, your current desk seems to have worn out a bit

3 Likes

Yes I was… but we’ll have to wait on that one. Can’t really get a new desk without getting a new set

6 Likes

Seven News Sydney begs to differ. :wink:

5 Likes

While the current configuration of the original Studio 10 set is my favourite, I really look forward to seeing what is to come after this - when & if that happens some time in the near future.

4 Likes

I would love to design something like that for you. PM me if you are interested in helping me with the design.

Also 7 News Adelaide

10 Likes

Love the angle in the 3rd pic, nice job!

3 Likes

I’m guessing this is Sketchup? If so, how do you get so much detail and small parts in, I have tried to do this but it never looks this good. Is this only possible with premium?

1 Like

Love it, I want to try something like this, just don’t know how to get those detailed curves.

1 Like

Can you try doing a WIN News studio?

It is SketchUp, I use meters as my unit of measurement, for the 3x3 monitor gaps I use .01 lines and rectangles I also use a third party website for some textures.

I can but it may take some time.

First of all thanks for taking time to give it a try, and is it Sketchup Pro? I use make, I’m currently trying to make a studio, i’ve made a few in the past but they’ve all been rubbish and rushed.

I am really curious! How do you do the image of 7 news with the gaps in between, unless it’s a secret, it’s just that I’ve been trying to that for years.

This looks like the channel 7 olympic studio with the curved wall and the vertical red lines

Are all the lights and chairs, your creation or do you import those things and just make the main studio?

1 Like

They should use this set in real life!!!

How can I render an image with indigo, I can’t work it out?

Sounds silly but take your time. Do some physical sketches on paper get an idea and work on it. It is just standard sketch up.

Best way is to divide up the shape as to how how many across x how many down eg, 3x3, 3x5, 2x4. Ect then just use the line tool to make a mark that is 0.01m and then divide the screen.

That’s what the design is baised off.

Some of the basic lights are mine but the studio lighting grids are imported. Chairs are various ones I saw on the warehouse and liked.

I plan to make a demo document on how to render in sketch up as well as a time-lapse of a model build.

Also its much easier to quote items rather than posting 6 individual updates. To make a quote from someone else’s post highlight the text you want to quote then you should see the fourm page giving you an option to quote.

Seven News Melbourne studio

Video Comming soon

8 Likes

Not a lot of detail in this (mind you this is my first studio mock.) My main focus was the desk and recreating the ABC Logo.

also still figuring out the best lighting options in Indigo.

Public View Window (my favourite part)

14 Likes