Mock Studio Designs

Can I just say, I have been on indigo rendered for almost half an hour and I was never able to figure out how to render, in the left of th top bar it has that play button that says render but I can’t click it

I was wondering which news that is, then I noticed it’s the American abc!

Where do you get that weather background, I’ve been looking but all the ones I’ve found have a presenter in them

@DDN inspired me to have a crack at a new News24 studio incorporating elements from the new 2017 graphics. Haven’t figured out how to create spot lighting yet so the evening shots further down are a bit dark (the studio itself is supposed to be dark but not the presenter!).

The shape of the set is pretty much the same as before (though I totally misjudged the scale of the space), just with the desk tucked further into the corner.

The new set would also offer personalisation options that the current set doesn’t, for example -

The Drum:

Lateline:

…and I’m also scheming up a News Breakfast setting but that will take a bit more time to put together.

11 Likes

I am working on a guide for MS shortly [quote=“edwardtremethick, post:279, topic:416, full:true”]
Where do you get that weather background, I’ve been looking but all the ones I’ve found have a presenter in them
[/quote]

Twitter is your best option for things like this.[quote=“eddel, post:280, topic:416”]
Haven’t figured out how to create spotlighting yet
[/quote]

Try to find in the 3D warehouse a studio spotlight or PM me and I can send one.

2 Likes

Indigo Render for MediaSpy

Select the colour you wish to have as a light or like a LED strip
Select Skindigo

Edit Material name (PHONG)

Select Difuse to use a light source

Then Select None from the Albedo

Then click on Emmiter Attributes to show the menu.
Set layer to 0

Use the Base Emmison … area click there to select the colour you wish to emit. Select RGB to use the colour picker.

1 Like

I can’t install skindigo/indigo?

1 Like

don’t worry i’ve just worked it out!!!

1 Like

What if you keep letting an image render? Does something bad happen?

A) What are the new graphics? and B) How long did you render this for?

How do you make a spotlight into a functional light? I thought you couldn’t edit 3d warehouse models

This has been rendering for over an hour, not sure why it is so dark, I have tried to add in light on the roof, but it’s still dark, nerd help with doing lightingUploading…

Nope it will just keep slightly improving the image quality

When you choose indigo to render and what each material does you can make it a functional light

If you right click on it, you should be able to edit the component.

Make sure you followed the steps I showed earlier on how to make a light work in indigo, you can also increase the light power by using the Emission scale by default it is 1750.0 Lumen, for roof lights, I make them 5000 Lumens for lights around the set I use 500 lumens

1 Like

ABC News are introducing new graphics in the next few weeks. There is plenty of discussion/speculation in the ABC News threads if you want to go back and read more about them.

Only about 15 minutes each but they are not heavily detailed designs. Something with lots of gloss and small details would take much longer.

I can’t see your image but can tell you that indigo will display an image immediately. If there’s something wrong with it to start with then don’t bother waiting and instead go back and figure out what you need to change.

1 Like

I have gone back and tried to add in more lights yet, they still don’t make a difference, and my images in it don’t appear, is there a setting to change on the pictures, such as your abc backgrounds

my studio, was rendering for an hour, still dark and images don’t appear

Thanks my roof light were only 1750 lumens

SO I can leave it to render overnight

How do you make images appear, mine don’t like my previous post shows

It should be fine, I don’t usually leave it overnight as it doesn’t improve the look much.