Mock Schedules

Sale Of The Century has not aired in almost 20 years. It is irrelevant to this discussion, the industry is not the same. If you look back then, WIN simulcasted a lot less than what it does now, and is now contractually obliged to do regardless of performance.

And I’m talking Southern Cross Nine, Prime and WIN. Seven, Nine and Ten program for their five markets, not the regions - not relevant to the discussion.

I could name a lot of regional variations which illustrates my point. My example was more that networks can drop programs from their schedule within prime time.

Yes there are probably certain shows or slots the metro networks might say must screen same metro stations, but there are probably exceptions too

You’re talking about 1% of the schedule.

All stations deviate from the network schedule a couple of times a week. Even Melbourne or Perth stations

This is a global trend. No more pronounced in Australia than other countries. In fact due to very low STV penetration aussie FTA enjoys shares unheard of In most other similar markets

1 Like

So wait, 7 9 and 10 are playing it safe, but your idea of a big daring swing is wheel of fortune and sale of the century?

The scottish tv network?

1 Like

STV = Subscription Television.

2 Likes

This is what I think Seven should be trialling now

Monday to Friday

5am The Chase Australia (rpt)
6am Sunrise
8:45am Sportsworld Summer
9:15am The Morning Show
11:45am Seven Morning News
12:30pm Movie or Beat The Chasers
2:30pm Border Security
3:00pm The Chase UK
4:00pm News
5:00pm The Chase Australia

1 Like

Too much The Chase. And where’s their morning news? Also why is there a gap between Sunrise and The Morning Show?

The morning news at 11:45am.

The early AM news rested over summer and integrated into Sunrise.

Sportsworld Summer would be the daily go to for all your days sports.

I did contemplate a 6am show with Sunrise at 6:30 or 7am but thought it might give Nine too much of a leg up over Seven. I didn’t consider after The Morning Show because once the tennis starts, the likelihood of it attracting an audience is diminished

The Chase episodes are repeats. The one at 12:30pm is a repeat and not on each weekday. I would screen Monday, Wednesday or Friday, once episode a week, Wednesday would be my choice as it less likely for test cricket to be played on Wednesday over summer

The question I think you should ask is if you think the overwhelming demographic that watches at that time of the day would be willing to sit through 30 minutes of sports content in between Sunrise and The Morning Show? Particularly at the somewhat odd time of 08:45.

1 Like

I agree. The ratings will definitely drop and their won’t be even content for 30 minutes, 5 days a week.

1 Like

@JacobA

Boxing Day we traditionally have:

Sydney To Hobart Yacht Race,

Cricket: Boxing Day Test

Tennis: Hopman Cup

An alternative could be to extend The Morning Show to 3 hours from 8:45am and screen Sportsworld Summer as a lead in to each test match

If Ten continues to struggle with Ten News First and Studio 10, the network may want to cut costs (again). Here’s a possible schedule that I could see happening by mid next year

Monday to Friday
6:00am Dr Phil (rpt)
7:00am ET
7:30am Bold and the Beautiful
8:00am Good Chef Bad Chef (rpt)
8:30am My Market Kitchen
9:00am Studio 10
12:00pm Dr Phil
1:00pm The Talk
2:00pm Good Chef Bad Chef
2:30pm My Market Kitchen
3:00pm Reality bloc
4:00pm ET
4:30pm Judge Judy
5:00pm Neighbours (rpt)
5:30pm Bold and the Beautiful
6:00pm Ten National News
6:30pm Ten News First
7:00pm The Project

3 Likes

That’s a lot of shows in the morning slots. Also the ‘News First’ would be scrapped if 10 News moves to 6 and 6:30

1 Like

Ten News First would be a state based edition. I just think 1 hour will be scrapped from the evenings.

As for the number of shows in the morning, I think Studio 10 will be trimmed to 3 hours with other shows such as cooking shows being used as fillers.

I thought Dr Phil might get an encore with appropriate warnings in the early slot or the CBS This Morning might move to 5:30am.

2 Likes

What?

This is what I think will happen at Ten next year.

In late January 2020, The 5pm to 6pm news will be a nationally produced bulletin with a “local” edition screening 6pm til 6:30pm with all bulletins produced as they are now with the Perth edition being produced with the Melbourne news team.

By July, if the ratings dont improve, the network will move to produce the Sydney and Brisbane bulletin with the Sydney news team and the Adelaide bulletin will be produced by the Melbourne news team. I expect that the Melbourne and Brisbane editions will be produced ahead of time by up to half hour. The 5pm news will be axed with the 6pm bulletin being half an hour going head to head with National Nine News and Seven News. The Project will remain as is.

2 Likes

Which is what they are doing right now?

And what will you replace it with? Not with old gameshow formats like The Price is Right, Sale of the Century or Wheel of Fortune.

3 Likes

@Tom_TV7

12:00pm Dr Phil
1:00pm The Talk
2:00pm Good Chef Bad Chef
2:30pm My Market Kitchen
3:00pm Reality bloc
4:00pm ET
4:30pm Judge Judy
5:00pm Neighbours (rpt)
5:30pm Bold and the Beautiful
6:00pm Ten National News