7.00 The Simpsons (new)
7.30 Family Guy (New)
8.00 Family Guy
8.30 American Dad (New)
9.00 American Dad
9.30 Bob’s Burgers (New)
10.00 Bob’s Burgers

6 Likes

Except for the fact that 800 Words will still be on Tuesdays and H&A triple/double episodes on Thursdays

Seven is showing multiple episodes of Home and Away right now so it can show new programs in November, I believe.

Yeah but they will have to continue this for several Thursdays yet, are you aware of how far behind it is because Seven insisted on not showing double episodes of it on Thursdays for months on end prior to these last two weeks. They still have to show the same amount of episodes as they do each year so they have no option other than to keep showing multiple episodes on Thursdays so all these episodes can be shown by the end of the year.

Channel 9 2018

Sunday
6:00 Channel 9 News
7:00 Married at First Sight
8:30 Underbelly

Monday
7:30 Married at First Sight
8:30 Date Night

Tuesday
8:30 Talkin’ Bout Your Generation

Wednesday
8:30 Buying Blind

Thursday
7:30 60 Minutes
8:30 Driving Test

I wouldn’t do this. 60 minutes has been rating very well in its recent weeks.

My idea of Channel 10 next year with the CBS takeover. Obviously some of this would have to be done gradually.

acquisitions and new programs
Local Project A sister show to ‘The Project’ with local hosts. Just 2 hosts and a guest host.
Perth - I’m not sure of Perth stars
Melbourne - Tom Little and Lisa Wilkenson
Sydney - Ryan Fitzgerald and Sarah Harris
Brisbane - Ed Kavalee and Abby Coleman
Adelaide and NT - Hayley Pearson and Mark Soderstrom

Sunday Night Live - Hosted by Rebel Wilson
A chat/skit show similar to Saturday Night Live. Could be hosted by Rebel from America.

48 Hours: Australia
hosted by Hamish McDonald - this should be a must for CBS as it something they can use on their digital platform.

Australian Affairs
Hosted by Waleed Aly and Lisa Wilkenson - looks at current topics within Australia - a similar show to 60 minutes and Sunday Night but during the week.

The Weakest Link
Easy saturday night viewing hosted by Gretel Killeen.

Sunday
5:00 Ten Local News
5:30 Ten National News
6:00 The Local Project
6:30 The Project
7:30 I’m a Celebrity Get Me Outta Here
8:30 Sunday Night Live
9:30 Ten Late News

Weeknights
5:00 Local News
5:30 National News

9:30 Late News
10:30 CBS Drama Content - first run on digital channels

Monday
8:30 Russel Coight: All Australian Adventures

Tuesday
8:30 Dirty Laundry Live

Wednesday
7:30 I’m a Celebrity
8:30 Australian Affairs

Thursday
7:30 I’m a Celebrity
8:30 Gogglebox Kids

Friday
7:30 The Living Room
8:30 48 Hours

Saturday
5:00 Local News
5:30 National News
7:30 Family Feud
8:30 The Weakest Link
9:30 Late News

2 Likes

I watch a lot of news, but this really seems like a LOT of news.

I mean… I do think CBS could make an Aussie 24h News Channel - with similar Aussie content (3 hours morning show, 2 hours day, 3 hours evening) and a selection of their CBS News feed for other hours (or live). If that’s what they want.

They could even make it minimal bandwidth news channel by putting high quality news on 010, and using a TEN NEWS LCN 19 for 24 hour news that links to a low bandwidth CBSNews feed half the day and redirects to their main channel when they have a news program (or news on 1 or 11)

But I don’t buy 3.5 hours of news in Primetime on the main channel.

I agree. I don’t watch a lot of news to be honest and I guess an hour bulletin and then an hour and a half of the project followed by at 9:30 news as well. My thoughts are that people wouldn’t watch all that news. These days people finish work at different times. I am never home until around 7pm so a news bulletin around 9:30 would work perfectly for me.

My thoughts are that Eleven and One would be used as a more entertainment channel and ten would take a more mature approach. I would probably look at a couple of game shows for Eleven that they could repeat during the daytime on the main channel. For example:

Eleven (dependent on the agreement with Fox)
5:00 The Simpsons
5:30 Modern Family
6:00 The Price is Right
6:30 Neighbours
7:00 Wheel of Fortune

One:
6:00 MASH
6:30 MASH
7:00 Fraiser
7:30 The Project Encore

My follow up Eleven Schedule to the Channel 10 I posted above.

My idea for Eleven would be to have the following:

Ten will look at a few primetime game shows that ten will then repeat on the main channel during the day. Eleven will be the home of sitcoms, younger CBS content and will incorporate sister shows of their reality shows (yes it has been done before). It will also repeat tens reality tentpole later at night.

Family Feud hosted by Grant Denyer the original gameshow continues on Eleven
The Price is Right hosted by Tommy Little a revamped version of the show.
The Wheel of Fortune hosted by Ed Phillips
Name that Tune another weekly gameshow

Eleven

Weeknights/weekdays
4:30 Family Feud
5:00 The Price is Right
5:30 The Wheel of Fortune
6:00 Neighbours Encore
6:30 Neighbours New
7:00 The Simpsons
7:30 Will and Grace
8:00 Modern Family Rpt
11:30 Neighbours Encore

Sunday
8:30 This is Us
9:30 I’m a Celebrity After Show
10:30 I’m a Celebrity Encore

Monday
8:30 Name that Tune

Tuesday
8:30 Modern Family NEW
9:00 Life in Pieces

Wednesday
8:30 Graham Norton

Thursday
8:30 Sex and the City

Friday
8:30 Gogglebox Kids Encore
9:30 Dirty Laundry Live Encore
10:30 Sunday Night Live Encore

Saturday
8:30 Saturday Night Movie

1 Like

I would turn 11 into a soap, drama and serial channel - alternatively named - All Day Breakfast

Monday To Friday
12:30am Prisoner/State Coroner
1:30am Number 96/The Box
2:30am Rush/Above The Law
3:30am Knots Landing/Dallas (classic 1980s Drama)
4:30am Falcon Crest/The Colbys/Dynasty (classic 1980s Drama)
5:30am Bold And The Beautiful
6:00am The Sullivans
6:30am Neighbours (encore)
7:00am Carsons Law/The Restless Years
8:00am E Street/Matlock Police
9:00am The Secret Life Of Us/Medivac
10:00am Offspring/The Wrong Girl
11:00am Neighbours Again (Revisit Neighbours from when it fist began)
12:00pm Santa Barbara
1:00pm Another World
2:00pm Melrose Place
3:00pm Beverly Hills 902010
4:00pm General Hospital (new)
5:00pm Young And The Restless (new)
6:00pm Echo Point/Out Of The Blue
6:30pm Neighbours
7:00pm Bold And The Beautiful (episode screened on Ten today)

7:30pm-12:30am A mix of Australian, British, Canadian, New Zealand and US Soaps and Serial drama

Saturday/Sunday
12:30am Mr & Mrs Murder/Special Squad
1:30am Reef Doctors/Wonderland
2:30am Small Claims/The Surgeon
3:30am Capitol
4:30am Loving
5:30am The City
6:00am The Sullivans
6:30am (Sat) Neighbours Encore; (Sun) Out Of The Blue/Echo Point
9:00am Breakers
10:00am Richmond Hill/Return To Eden
11:00am Neighbours Again
12:00pm Sunset Beach
1:00pm 2000 Malibu Road
2:00pm Emerald Point NAS
3:00pm 90210
4:00pm Capitol
5:00pm Loving
6:00pm The City
6:30pm -12:30pm A mix of Australian, British, Canadian, New Zealand and US Soaps and Serial drama

2 Likes

Well done I actually like this. Simple, cheap, but would appeal to a female demographic. You could even insert Best Of Studio 10 5 minute blocks here and there, some with advertorials, to target that market all day.

I thought that they could also move things around, maybe even screen Bold And The Beautiful at 11:30pm instead of 5:30am and screen the 12:30am to 5:30am shows between mindnight and at 5am and insert another classic program or a repeat of Young And The Restless.

The only weekday change would then be A mix of Australian, British, Canadian, New Zealand and US Soaps and Serial drama running 7:30pm til 11:30pm instead of 7:30pm til 12:30am.

Could potentially also include news updates in Prime Time with a 5 minute news break at say 12pm, 4:00pm, 7:30pm and 10:30pm

Saturday and Sunday would remain unchanged.

I supposed it could be a channel for women and move the more “masculine” shows to One

1 Like

Here’s a mock one day schedule for WIN. I have presented it with Ten’s base schedule with WIN mock variations added in italics. This is one update to the schedule I put up in mid-2016.

The Ten daytime schedule is based on the regular schedule while Ten’s primetime/late night was based on the schedule for Monday 9th October.

MONDAY

6.00 Good Chef, Bad Chef
(WIN) The Price Is Right
6.30 Alive And Cooking
7.00 Entertainment Tonight
(WIN) Jeopardy
7.30 The Bold And The Beautiful -Enc
8.00 Family Feud -Enc
8.30 Studio 10
12.00 Dr Phil
1.00 Encore Presentation
(WIN) 48 Hours
2.00 Entertainment Tonight
(WIN) WIN’s All Australian News
2.30 Ben’s Menu
3.00 Judge Judy
3.30 Alive And Cooking
(WIN) Murphy Brown
4.00 The Cook’s Pantry with Matt Sinclair
(WIN) Alive And Cooking
4.30 The Bold And The Beautiful
5.00 TEN Eyewitness News
(WIN) Family Feud
(WIN) 5.30 National Eyewitness News

6.00 Family Feud
6.30 The Project
(WIN) WIN Local News
(WIN) 7.00 The Project
7.30 Australian Survivor
8.45 Have You Been Paying Attention?
9.45 Man With A Plan
10.45 Encore Presentation
(WIN) WIN Second Edition News
(WIN) 11.30 Blue Bloods
11.45 The Project
(WIN) 12.30 The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
12.45 The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
1.30 Home Shopping
4.30 CBS This Morning

• The Project to air in full 11/11.30pm on ONE.
  • WIN (or Ten if interested) to consider acquiring another game show to fill the 7.30am timeslot.
  • Entertainment Tonight to air weekdays on ELEVEN or otherwise 4am on WIN in lieu of Home Shopping’s last half-hour.
  • Studio 10 - 3.5 hours is a bit long, I can see why there were issues there and would consider placing a cooking show at 11.30am if Studio 10’s timeslot was to contract back in future.
  • Second Edition News is just another name for the national ‘Late News’ I had in my schedule posted in 2016 in Mock Schedules which would be the same negotiated arrangement between WIN and Ten.
  • I’m really starting to firm up to the idea of timeshifting the national news to 5.30 on weekdays to build up the primetime schedule, remove the 6pm cutover, and try to increase Local News ratings with a 6.30 timeslot. Plus get rid of the horrendous 60 minutes scheduled for The Project in the primetime 6.30-7.30 timeslot which is only justified for Ten because they have nothing else to air at 6.30. I don’t think it’s justified for WIN to be brought down the drain as well though if it can be avoided. Higher ratings for WIN should mean more revenue for Ten…
  • There has also been an idea of a 9.30pm news bandied around for Ten which I am open to investigating. Can’t be called “Late” in such an early timeslot though, I think it would have to be called something else. One problem with late bulletins in the past has been ratings dived off a cliff at the end, but considering how low 9.30 timeslot ratings are these days, might have no choice to lift those timeslot numbers (if the revenue is there of course).

I have done a 6.5 day primetime schedule for WIN which I may release at some stage. Would be nice to have Sunday Project at 6pm which I have scheduled to flow from the Sunday bulletin. I’m having issues finding content for early Saturdays and Sundays after Bull . Still question marks there :s

Can I make a suggestion how about post some of these mock ideas in the mock schedule. It is becoming a bit tiresome looking at all the schedule ideas. I don’t mind hearing some programming ideas but the schedule ideas are just annoying all the time.

6 Likes

Um… but the tread is called Mock Schedules?

Great observation

I think the post was moved from the TEN-CBS thread.

1 Like

Monday evenings post 9:30 have traditionally been a dead-zone for Ten and I would like to see them address that with a CBS style comedy block.

Perhaps we could have something along the lines of -

8:30 - Street Smart THEN Young Sheldon / 9JKL THEN Here Come the Habibs (new season commissioned for Ten) OR another new Australian scripted comedy
9:30 - Good News Week (revived) THEN Have You Been Paying Attention?

I would also like to see Ten tackle Saturday evening with a 48 Hours style program, hosted by Lisa Wilkinson or Lisa McCune (she was great on Forensic Investigators) , alongside Australian true crime documentaries from yesteryear.

Other thoughts still pending.