7.30 Married at First Sight
8.40 House Husbands

Tuesday
8.30 The Big Bang Theory

Wednesday
8.30 Planet Earth II
9.30 The NRL Footy Show (Sydney/Brisbane)

Thursday
7.30 RBT
8.30 The AFL Footy Show (Melbourne/Adelaide/Perth)

2 Likes

On the topic of comedy in TEN’s schedule (Whose line is it anyway), I’d love it if TEN did a full comedy night on Monday (for example):

7:30 - 8:30: Thank god you’re here
8:30 - 9:30: Have you been paying attention
9:30 - 10:30: Rove Live
10:30 - 11:00: Whose line is it anyway (since it is apparently bad :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

In a perfect world!

1 Like

I have been working on this Ten Mock Schedule for quite some time but I feel I have finally come up with the right mix of programming. It provides consistency with more news, comedy and more.

Weekdays
Daytime: 4:30 CBS This Morning, 6:00 Ten This Morning, 8:30 Studio 10, 12:00 The Talk, 13:00 Dr. Phil, 14:00 Ready Steady Cook, 15:00 Entertainment Tonight, 15:30 Judge Judy, 16:00 Cooking Programming (i.e. whichever ex-Masterchef contestant is given a TV show), 16:30 The Bold and the Beautiful

Primetime: 17:00 Ten News At Five, 18:00 Family Feud, 18:30 The Project | 21:30 Ten Late News with Hugh Riminton, 22:00 Up Late with Ronny Chieng*, 23:00 The Project Encore*, 00:00 The Loop HITS
*Fridays: Friday Night Movie
Monday - 19:30 Reality^, 20:30 HYBPA/Would I Lie To You AU
Tuesday - 19:30 Reality^, 20:30 Obs Docs (Front Line/Flying Doctors/The Zoo)
Wednesday - 19:30 Reality^, 20:30 All New Aussie Drama
Thursday - 19:30 Reality^, 20:30 Gogglebox/TGYH/Common Sense
Friday - 19:30 The Living Room, 20:30 The Graham Norton Show

Weekends
Daytime: 7:00 Ten This Morning Weekend, 9:30 Studio 10, 12:00 Eyes On Canberra (Sunday only)

Primetime:
Saturday - 17:00 Ten News At Five, 18:00 Bondi Rescue, 18:30 Bondi Vet, 19:30 Saturday Night Movie, 21:30 Ten Late News
Sunday - 17:00 Ten News At Five, 18:00 Pyramid, 18:30 The Project Sunday, 19:00 Reality^; 21:30 Ten Late News

^Reality Lineup
Slot 1 - I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here (Sun-Thu)
Slot 2 - Comedy Showcase (Sun-Tues), Bachelor in Paradise (Wed-Thu)
Slot 3 - MasterChef Australia (Sun-Thu)
Slot 4 - Australian Survivor (Sun-Mon), Australia’s Big Debate (Tues), The Bachelor (Wed-Thu)
Slot 5 - Big Brother (Sun-Mon), Australia’s Big Debate (Tues), The Bachelorette (Wed-Thu)

Highlights
Multichannel Rebrand - One becomes TenX, the home of crime drama and sport, as well as Sports Tonight with Adam Hawse and Crime Watch with Matt Doran and Andrew Denney every night. Eleven will be spearheaded by Entertainment Hour - Australia’s only source for entertainment news hosted by Angela Bishop and Jonathon Moran. Become involved in the discussion every afternoon from 4pm.
More News - A new era of news on Ten has begun. Rebranded as Ten News (née Ten Eyewitness News), Hugh Riminton will host the flagship bulletin weeknights from 9:30pm (Narelda Jacobs anchors a special west coast edition and Amanda Jason on weekends). Ten also returns to breakfast with Ten This Morning, presented by Chris Bath and Matt White on weekdays, and Talitha Cummins and Bill Woods on weekends. Every morning you will receive news and in-depth analysis of everything happening both in Australia and around the world, starting every day with your Eye Opener - your world in 90 seconds. In addition, Ursula Hager hosts Eyes on Canberra, an all-new political show coming to Sunday mornings. The Project also comes to Sunday with Gorgi Coghlan, Lehmo and Hamish McDonald.
More Comedy - Thank God You’re Here returns with Tommy Little as host, joining the home of comedy on commercial FTA - Network Ten. Ronny Chieng hosts Up Late at 10pm while HYBPA? returns alongside Would I Lie To You? hosted by Joel Creasey. Comedy Showcase also debuts, an all-new reality show with comedians competing for a spot at Just For Laughs Montreal. Tommy Little hosts with Jane Kennedy and Santo Cilauro helping to find Australia’s funniest comedian.
More Reality - Entertaining reality television Sunday-Thursday at 7.30pm all-year. I’m a Celebrity, MasterChef, Survivor, The Bachelor and The Bachelorette all return. In addition to Comedy Showcase, Bachelor in Paradise joins the line-up as well as Big Brother (on main channel Sunday-Monday with highlights packages on Eleven weeknights and on TenPlay). Waleed Aly also moderates Australia’s Big Debate as some of our countries sharpest minds tackle the big topics ranging from race and gender to politics.
More Everything - Ten offers a plethora of different shows ranging from game shows Pyramid (hosted by Rob Mills) and Family Feud to all-new Aussie drama on Wednesday nights as well as observational documentaries including Front Line (a new police show), Flying Doctors (documenting the RFDS) and The Zoo (bringing you into the world of Australia Zoo with the Irwins and Wes Mannion). Australia’s favourite cooking show also returns at 2pm weekdays with Peter Everett hosting Ready Steady Cook.

Ten’s new slogan will be More on Ten. It will include phrases such as ‘More Comedy’, ‘More News’, ‘More Drama’, ‘More Crime’, ‘More Online’, ‘More Sitcoms’, ‘More Kids’, ‘More Animation’, etc. across all channels and platforms.

5 Likes

CHANNEL 10 2018

I have separated the network into 5 Parts. In that I have reduced Masterchef by a little so it doesn’t become old and tired.

Early Evenings
5:00 Family Feud
5:30 Local News
6:00 World News Today
Waleed Aly and Sandra Sully present the news from around the world.
6:30 The Project
The 6:30 Section will have a more light feel with their special guests commencing around 6:40, includes live music, live comedy etc. The 7:00 section will have a more news emphasis
Part 1 January 28th - 18th March
7:30 Sunday-Friday I’m a Celebrity
8:30 Sunday Chat Show Monday Dirty Laundry Live Tuesday Crime Tuesdays (Doco, Observational, Drama) Wednesday Australian Drama Wednesday Thursday Light Entertainment Friday The Living Room
9:30 Australia Uncovered
News, tabloid style show looking at issues that are surrounding Australians. With special interviews when necessary.
10:00 Ten Late News
11:00 American Shows - after being played on One or Eleven.

Part 2 18th March - 20th May
7:30 Sunday-Tuesday Survivor Australia Wednesday-Thursday Bachelor Australia
8:30 Sunday Chat Show Monday Dirty Laundry Live/Have You Been Paying Attention Tuesday Crime Tuesdays (Doco, Observational, Drama) Wednesday Australian Drama Wednesday Thursday Light Entertainment Friday The Living Room
News, tabloid style show looking at issues that are surrounding Australians. With special interviews when necessary.

Part 3 21st May - 5th August
7:30 Sunday-Friday Masterchef
8:30 Sunday Chat Show Monday Dirty Laundry/Have You Been Paying Attention Live Tuesday Crime Tuesdays (Doco, Observational, Drama) Wednesday Australian Drama Wednesday Thursday Light Entertainment Friday The Living Room

Part 4 6th August - 21st October
7:30 Sunday-Friday Big Brother
8:30 Sunday Chat Show Monday Dirty Laundry/Have You Been Paying Attention Live Tuesday Crime Tuesdays (Doco, Observational, Drama) Wednesday Australian Drama Wednesday Thursday Light Entertainment Friday The Living Room

Part 5 22nd October - 16th December
7:30 Sunday-Tuesday The Biggest Loser Wednesday-Thursday The Bachelorette Australia

2 Likes

Here is a mock schedule for One, rebranded as TenX - the home of crime drama.

TenX will air fast-tracked episodes, less than 12 hours after they have gone to air in the US. They will also pick up the rights to CBS’s reality line-up airing Survivor, Undercover Boss and Hunted.

Weekdays
Daytime: 08:00 Medium, 09:00 JAG, 10:00 The Doctors, 11:00 Dr. Phil, 12:00 Get Smart (Double), 13:00 Matlock, 14:00 MacGyver (1985), 15:00 Diagnosis: Murder, 16:00 Star Trek: The Original Series (Cycle through entire franchise), 17:00 Wheel of Fortune US, 17:30 Jeopardy! US
Primetime: 18:00 MAS*H, 18:30 Sports Tonight w/ Adam Hawse, 19:00 Crime Watch w/ Matt Doran and Andrew Denney

Monday - 19:30 NCIS: LA, 20:30 Madam Secretary, 21:30 Elementary, 22:30 Movie
Tuesday - 19:30 Homeland, 20:30 24: Legacy/The Americans, 21:30 Scorpion, 22:30 Movie
Wednesday - 19:30 NCIS, 20:30 Bull, 21:30 NCIS: NO, 22:30 Movie
Thursday - 19:30 CBS Reality, 20:30 Law & Order: SVU, 21:30 Doubt, 22:30 Movie
Friday - 19:30 MacGyver*, 20:30 Hawaii Five-0*, 21:30 Blue Bloods*, 22:30 Movie

*Repeats of episodes from Ten’s Crimetime Saturday Line-Up

Weekends
Daytime: 08:00 MASH, 08:30 Megacities, 09:30 Megafactories, 10:30 The Offroad Adventure Show, 11:30 Pat Callinan’s 4x4 Adventures, 12:30 4WD Touring Australia, 13:00 All 4 Adventure, 14:00 Fishing Edge, 14:30 Merv Hughes Fishing, 15:00 Reel Action, 15:30 Escape with ET, 16:30 Fishing Australia, 17:00 I Fish, 17:30 What’s Up Down Under, 18:00 MASH

Primetime:
Saturday - 19:00 Sports Tonight, 19:30 David Attenborough Documentary, 20:30 Movie, 22:30 Movie
Sunday - 19:00 Sports Tonight, 19:30 Bondi Rescue (Rpt), 20:30 COPS, 21:00 Last Man Standing, 21:30 48 Hours, 22:30 Movie

It isn’t exactly revolutionary by any means but at least it gives One a strong lineup that could see it gain ground against other multichannels, also giving it an identity as the home of US Drama and all-new domestic programming in Sports Tonight and Crime Watch. There is definitely room for innovation but for the moment, I think this could be an attainable model in which Ten should aspire to emulate to a degree in order to provide consistency in its lineup.

2 Likes

My quick fix for network Tens early evening troubles. By no means is this schedule capable of competing with the other networks for total viewers but could possibly add an extra 1-2% network share.

TEN
5:00 Ten News
6:00 Family Feud
7:30 Reality

Eleven
5:30 Family Feud ENCORE
6:00 The Simpsons
6:30 Neighbours
7:00 Malcolm in the Middle
7:30 How I Met Your Mother
8:00 Modern Family Rpt

ONE
6:00 Everybody Loves Raymond
6:30 MASH
7:00 MASH
7:30 Bondi Rescue Rpt
8:00 Family Feud ENCORE

2 Likes

NINE:

5.00: Early News
5.30: Today
9.00: National Morning News
10.00: Primetime encore
12.00: News at 12 (essentially Nine News Now and could be local news for QLD etc)
12.30: Lifestyle program
1.00: New Afternoon Chat-Show
3.00: Lifestyle program (Ellen maybe)
4.00: Afternoon News
5.00: New Game Show/s
6.00: News
7.00: ACA
7.30: Primetime

Different from Seven, less news blocks. Thoughts?

3 Likes

I like it, ditching Today Extra is a bold move.

Who would host the afternoon chat show? It would be nice to see an Ellen/Oprah-esque show in Australia, something I think Seven or Ten should do with Nelson/Ita. Maybe David Campbell could host for Nine?

1 Like

Sorry, but it looks like you’re trashing the main channel with the random primetime encores. I know the networks do it on and off now, but at least they do air some other things in those slots usually…

Also looks a more expensive daytime schedule with the lifestyle, chat and (plural?) game shows.

As for Ellen, yes it rates and engages with a daytime audience so plenty of room in there to fit it in.

1 Like

[quote=“R17TV, post:90, topic:574”]
I like it, ditching Today Extra is a bold move…Who would host the afternoon chat show?
[/quote] The idea of having the Afternoon chat show is to ensure that Nine is still receiving revenue from the infomercials but they aren’t competing in a crowded timeslot (like Mornings where I don’t think they are ever going to get anywhere). Either have a Ellen esque show/ Good Morning Australia or something like The View in the afternoon although it has been tried before.

What I have roughly done is switched the morning and afternoon schedules around. A few years ago, Ten aired Masterchef up-against Seven and Nine’s Morning News at it beat Nine. They would be running Married at First Sight for example from the night before or even a ‘midday movie’ in the mid-morning. And lets be honest, Nine needs help in primetime.

[quote=“Aurora, post:91, topic:574”]
Also looks a more expensive daytime schedule with the lifestyle
[/quote] Lifestyle programs mean whatever Nine currently air between 12 and 3pm (Alive and Cooking, Ellen etc.) Nothing new. As for the game show, they can stick with Hot Seat if they want but it isn’t rating.

1 Like

Without the simulcast, Family Feud will die, but I like it.

An Idea for Ten for 2018

SUNDAY
6:00 World News
7:30 I’m A Celebrity/Stranded with a Million Dollars/Masterchef/Survivor/The Biggest Loser
8:30 Chat Show

WEEKNIGHTS
9:30 Australia Uncovered Hosted By Charlie Pickering
11:00 American Shows after played on ONE, Eleven or new channel; NCIS, This is Us etc.

MONDAY
7:30 I’m a Celebrity/Stranded with a Million Dollars/Masterchef/Survivor/The Biggest Loser
8:30 Have You Been Paying Attention/Dirty Laundry Live/Talkin’ Bout Your Generation

TUESDAY
7:30 I’m a Celebrity/Standed with a Million Dollars/Masterchef/Survivor/The Biggest Loser
8:30 48 Hours Australia
*Australia’s own take on 48 Hours.

WEDNESDAY
7:30 I’m a Celebrity/The Bachelorette/Masterchef/The Apprentice/The Bachelor
8:30 Sisters/Offspring/The Wrong Girl/New Australian Drama

THURSDAY
7:30 I’m a Celebrity/The Bachelorette/Masterchef/The Apprentice/The Bachelor
8:30 Common Sense/Gogglebox/Shark Tank/Gogglebox

FRIDAY
7:30 The Living Room
8:30 New Australian Soap Opera

SATURDAY
6:30 The Project SATURDAY
7:30 All Star Family Feud
8:30 New Australian Soap Opera Continued

New Australian Soap Opera - this is to target the older demographic that is home on a Friday and Saturday night that do not enjoy sport (grandmas?). It could follow a similar premise to Country Practice or Mcleods Daughters. It won’t be like Neighbours and Home and Away but maybe something in a small country town.

Weekend Project Editions - not to be hosted by the main hosts. The Weekend will offer more variety.

48 Hours Australia - we can see how popular murder documentaries can be. It will deal with mysteries that stun Australia. This can then be used on One (which I believe should be recreated into a documentary/movie channel) in repeats.

World News World News will delve into big issues that are surrounding the world. It will be different to what the other two networks deliver in their news stories. Family Feud will continue to air on Eleven in that slot.

Chat Show - unsure on who they could get to host it. But I would believe it would need to be someone different to their current talent. Julia Morris could be good. And could do a live from Africa show during I’m a Celebrity.

Strand with One Million Dollars - As has been discussed today MTV have just aired a US version. It looks great. And would be able to have a Big Bash promotion. It could air 24 episodes in 8 weeks and have roughly 2 days per episode. It would essentially be the Big Brother replacement.

The Apprentice - I really think this show would work perfectly with Survivor. I wouldn’t want a Celebrity version but rather an ordinary version with ordinary people.

2 Likes

Nice schedule turdall, some good ideas here.

World News - big tick from me, good lead-in to The Project. Maybe Matt White could host, even Lachlan Kennedy or Candice Wyatt.

Stranded with a Million Dollars - looks to be a great concept. MTV have some great shows, it’d be nice to see Ten develop a content partnership with MTV ANZ similar to the Gogglebox/Common Sense arrangement. Then we could have versions of Catfish and Are You The One? as well.

Chat Show - Australia needs a variety show. I’d have Ronny Chieng as host, don’t whether he would do it with his Daily Show commitments. Even if he stayed in New York it could still work, better access to big name celebrities that way anyway.

Australia Uncovered - I’d put Hamish McDonald in. I like the concept, maybe the name needs a little bit of tweaking with Seven’s Murder Uncovered now. Australian Story? This is Australia? Australia Wide? Maybe you could even pool it together with Late News and have the same host.

Ten Late News - yes, bring back Hugh Riminton as anchor. Will catch plenty of viewers.

48 Hours Australia - I would love it if we got a local version but it would need to be moved so that it is away from Murder Uncovered/Million Dollar Cold Case/Murder Calls. Bring back Matt Doran and also better utilise Andrew Denney.

New Australian Soap Opera - Definitely an interesting idea, it may well work. Is 8:30 too late though?

Weekend Project - Another brilliant idea.

The Apprentice - Yes, Ten could do it well but Big Brother might be a safer option.

Turdall, you’re hired.

haha thanks. I think the issue with the above mentioned schedule would be cost. But there is no reason why they couldn’t afford 70% of that schedule.

The name, obviously, for Australia Uncovered could and should be changed. And the host is a suggestion, good choice of Hamish as well. Didn’t think of him. It would need to be someone different to who is already on the screens.

Not sure if 8:30 is too late for an Australian Soap. I don’t know many people who go to bed at 9:30 on Friday night. Not even my grandparents. It would be quite expensive but it could actually work. We often see UK dramas doing well in those weekend slots.

48 Hours would have to be removed from other programs like it. I think Tuesdays are normally quite drama/reality focused by the other networks. Ten have had NCIS there for years and it has now begun to fade. I have always thought that a network should move one of their big current affairs shows to a weeknight slot (60 Minutes/Sunday Night) - I really think it is the one thing missing from FTA television during the week. 48 Hours could be the idea. Obviously it doesn’t need to be called that and Ten can commission their own. But they could potentially use footage from the American one if it overlaps and use resources to cut costs.

I’m not sure about Stranded with a Million Dollars. The show sounds good, but 3 shows set in the jungle may be a bit much. Maybe if it replaced Survivor every other year?

Yeah true didn’t think of it like that. It is just so different to cooking, renovation and love that the other networks air.

Ten Network 2018 7:30pm Schedule

Sunday
Week 0-6: I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!
Week 7-11: Comedy Showcase
Week 12-24: MasterChef Australia
Week 25-31: Australian Survivor
Week 32-41: Big Brother

Monday
Week 25-31: Australian Survivor
Week 32-41: Big Brother

Tuesday

Week 25-32: Catfish (MTV Co-production)
Week 33-40: Australia’s Big Debate
Week 41: Big Brother Finale

Wednesday
Week 7-11: Bachelor in Paradise
Week 12-23: MasterChef Australia
Week 24-31: The Bachelor
Week 32-37: The Bachelorette
Week 38-41: All Star Family Feud

Thursday
Week 7-11: Bachelor in Paradise
Week 12-23: MasterChef Australia
Week 24-31: The Bachelor
Week 32-37: The Bachelorette
Week 38-41: All Star Family Feud

Friday
The Living Room

New Formats Include:
Comedy Showcase - The hunt is on for Australia’s funniest comedian. Hosted by Tommy Little, join Santo Cilauro and Jane Kennedy as they search Australia for the best comic. Then in an action-packed night of comedy, 8 of Australia’s best amateur comedians will perform at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, the winner securing their spot at the world’s largest international comedy festival - Just For Laughs Montreal.
Big Brother - Big Brother returns to Australian television moving away from the family-friendly version of the show to the controversial format that made it a hit on Ten.
Every Sunday and Monday night, Gretel Killeen and Joel Creasey will bring highlights on the main channel. Dedicated viewers can keep up with the housemates on Eleven and TenPlay with an action-packed daily show each night bringing you all the latest from Big Brother House.
Catfish - A co-production with MTV based on the popular US reality documentary series, Catfish tells the stories of everyday Australians and New Zealanders who have been subject to a ‘catfish’, revealing the truths and lies of online dating and social media sites.
Australia’s Big Debate - Australia’s Big Debate will tackle the toughest topics from religion to politics and everything in between. Waleed Aly will moderate a series of debates featuring some of Australia’s most prominent minds including Peter FitzSimons, Stan Grant, Annabel Crabb, Miranda Devine and many more.
Bachelor in Paradise - Bachelor in Paradise features former contestants from the Bachelor and the Bachelorette together on an isolated romantic paradise. Each week, they will be asked to choose who they wish to spend more time with but as new relationships form, some may end with two new men and women joining every week in a constant love shuffle.

3 Likes

I like the idea of Comedy Showcase. I think it could work. I also love Tommy Little and think he needs to be used more often. I also like how you have it only 3 nights a week. I was a big advocate for Bachelor in Paradise but the last seasons of the Bachelor haven’t boded too well for it to become a spin off show. I wonder if it would be better to commission a different reality or move The Bachelor/ette to that time of the year? I am also a bit confused how Big Brother is going to work only two nights a week. Is it financially viable to only air the format twice a week?

1 Like

If Ten don’t want to produce another Bachelor spin-off then Are You The One? could be a perfect option, the tropical island filled with singles format is one which I feel would do very well for Ten.

Are You The One? has the same 10-episode run as Paradise (meaning it would slot in nicely) and is a solid point of difference to rival dating shows.

I’d say that 3 nights would be the limit for Ten, that way they could push Big Debate to Wednesday and have one All Star Feud a week.

I have a hunch though that if they strip it to 4-5 nights on the main channel they’ll fall down the trap Nine did and make it too family-oriented and repetitive. They need to keep it fresh and not tire the audience, give them the best bits over 2-3 nights and if they want more then they can watch the daily highlights show on Eleven.

1 Like