Tuesday
7:30pm MasterChef Australia
8:45pm Five Bedrooms

Wednesday
9:00pm Bull

Thursday
8:45pm Law & Order: SVU / FBI (new episodes)

Yeah, Johnson, I think that this will be decent schedule for 10.
But I would follow like this

SUNDAY
6PM - Bondi Rescue (rpt)
6:30PM - Sunday Project (production from Sydney)
7:30PM - Masterchef Australia
9:15PM - MR Black

MONDAY
6PM - Game Show (if pointless finishes in late May, then Celebrity Name Game kicks in on 3rd June)
6:30PM - The Project
8:40PM - HYBPA (resuming on 6 May)
9:40PM - The Graham Norton Show (encore)

TUESDAY
8:45PM - 5 Bedrooms
9:45PM - NCIS: LA

WEDNESDAY
8:45PM - Bull
9:45PM - Law & Order: SVU (new eps first, then repeat from 2018 series)

THURSDAY
8:45PM - FBI (new episode)

FRIDAY
7:30PM - The Living Room
8:40PM - The Graham Norton Show (new episode)
9:45PM - HYBPA
10:50PM - The Project (encore from Friday Night)

SATURDAY
6PM - Jamie Oliverā€™s show (rpt or new)
7PM - Bondi Rescue (rpt)
7:30PM - One Born Every Min
8:45PM - Ambulance UK (x2)
10:50PM - NCIS: New Orleans

Next Yearā€™s 7:30 Slots on 10

January - February: 7:30: Iā€™m a Celebrity 5 week run until 13th February
February - April - Come Dine With Me Australia 7 week run until 10th April (Easter)
April - June - Survivor/Hunted *New to 10 - adapted on the UK version 8 week run until 12th June
June - September - Masterchef (continues over the Olympics) 12 week run until 11th September
September - December Bachelor/Bachelorette (Wednesday thursday) & Dancing With the Stars (Tuesday) The Amazing Race (Sunday & Monday) 13 week run until 13th December

Essentially this schedule would only require 10 to produce 3 new formats.

Bachelor in Paradise would move to Peach as an exclusive. I would also look at other spin offs of the show to air in the first quarter and second quarter as these would be different demographics to 10ā€™s main channel demographic.

Shows like Ambulance, One Born Every Minute and Bondi Rescue will either screen on Bold or at 8:30.

Come Dine With Me Australia could be considered a huge risk. However, with MKR likely to move 10 can get into that cook genre and push back Masterchef.

What about a program/format like this for 10Peach?

Thats Entertainment was a Philippines TV that show featured 16 teenagers (divided into 4 from Monday to Thursday and gathered all together on Friday). The show ran between 1986 and 1996 with a total of 3,200 episodes. The show also expanded to a Saturday afternoon slot as an extended episode in 1987.

Perhaps a condensed format could work on 10Peach

So itā€™s basically Young Talent Time, which Ten tried a few years ago and nobody gave a rats

1 Like

Yes, I seem to recall Tenā€™s 2012 revival of Young Talent Time being moved from its original Sunday timeslot to Fridays before inevitably being cancelled and not returning for a 2nd season because of poor ratings.

As far as new formats go Iā€™d personally like to see Ten do one centred around Angie Kent and/or Yvie Jonesā€¦perhaps a talk show with a laid back ā€œin the backyard with wineā€ type setting and regular celebrity guests? Although admittedly that would probably work better during daytime TV than primetime! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

10 needs to build its schedule around its big brands: Masterchef, Survivor, Bachelor, Gogglebox, HYBPA? and Iā€™m a Celeb.

I support the idea of Survivor airing before Masterchef but it will require a lot of forward thinking from 10 and production may be difficult. It pairs well with Hunted but I think it is a little bit tired. Come Dine with Me eats into the same audience as MKR but would be more effective than what they offered up this year.

Courtney Actā€™s Drag Icon (RuPaulā€™s Drag Race spin-off) could work and is on brand with 10, it would create a lot of social media buzz and Untucked could work as a Peach/All Access exclusive.

Another show that would be a great pick-up is Servant of the People: a political satire comedy based on a high school teacher who unexpectedly becomes president. It is a popular show in the Ukraine which incidentally led to the lead actor being elected as President of Ukraine last week.

There are some formats out there which are worth looking at: Sorry About That, 48 Hours, Secret Admirer, The Amazing Race, Big Brother, Make Australia Great Again, The Imitation Game, Educating, Dr. Davy, Live PD, Comedy Showcase, Beauty Star.

I wonder if 10/CBS would be interested in a Gay Bachelor in Paradise/Bachelor Pad as an All Access exclusive. Itā€™s too niche for mainstream TV but would drive a lot of subscriptions. They can also move After the Rose to All Access as well.

Thanks for the feedback mate. I have only put come dine with me in that slot because I believe MKR will be moved. If MKR isnā€™t moved I would probably move survivor and come dine with me around.

I really like this concept idea but not for 10. Peach would be perfect for it.

Another idea I would put on peach. Peach is clearly lacking niche demographic programming. The Courtney act concept, gay bachelor, bachelor in paradise and big brother would be great additions to peach and would also provide more content for all access.

A radical change to combat the current reality lull for 10 in 2020:

Sunday
6:00 10 News
6:30 The Project
7:30 Ambulance/Police Patrol/Fire Fighters/One Born Every Minute
8:30 10 News
9:00 Reality; Iā€™m a Celebrity, Come Dine With Me, Masked Singer, Masterchef, The Amazing Race

MONDAY
7:30 Hughsey We Have a Problem/Have You Been Paying Attention
9:00 Reality; Iā€™m a Celebrity, Come Dine With Me. Survivor, Masterchef, The Amazing Race

Tuesday
7:30 48 Hours Australia
9:00 Iā€™m a Celebrity, Come Dine With Me. Survivor, Masterchef, DWTS

Wednesday
7:30 Australian Drama
9:00 Iā€™m a Celebrity, Come Dine With Me, Hunted, Masterchef, The Bachelor/ette

Thursday
7:30 Australian Comedy; Gogglebox (8), Trial By Kyle, Mr Black, Gogglebox (8), Kinnie Tonight, Gogglebox (8)
9:00 Iā€™m a Celebrity, Come Dine With Me, Hunted, Masterchef, The Bachelor/ette

Friday
7:30 Dirty Laundry Live/Courtney Tonight
9:00 The Living Room

Saturday
7:30 Graham Norton
9:00 Roveā€™s Saturday Night

• Reality will be shown first on Peach.

A Saturday Project should could more likely be based in Sydney not Melbourne.
A 9pm Masterchef show would be dumb decision by 10

It would air at 7pm on peach first

So you want 10 Peachā€™s prime times shares to go up high?

The idea of my scheudle is to offer something different to the other networks. Putting reality at 7pm on Peach will give the show a head start of the rest. Offering drama, news and light entertainment on the main network will then provide viewers with an alternative to reality. The reality at 9pm will then provide healthy late night shares for those that donā€™t get home in time to watch the show.

But according to your opinion 10 want to increase their primetime shares and i agree with you. Network 10 have lost momentum in 4th quarter of 2018. I am hoping that 10 will bound back.
Anyways, I think dropping the First Brand is a good idea by 10.

I am not sure what you mean by this statement.

But anyways. Why not a schedule like this for Channel Nine in 2021.
If I was Channel Nine programmer, I would consider this:
6AM - Today
9AM - Today Extra
11AM - Morning News
11:30AM - Extra
12 Noon - TBA
3PM - Come Dine with Me
4PM - Afternoon News (national)
5PM - New Game Show (replaces Hot Seat, due to falling ratings)
6PM - News
7PM - ACA
7:30PM - Reality Show
8:30PM - Drama Show

State of Origin telecast in Perth.
Why not like this.
4PM - Game Show
5PM - News. (Perth viewers will get 30 mins of Pre game Coverage on 9GEM)
5:30PM - Pre Game Origin
6PM - Origin
8PM - Origin Post Match

For Adelaide
6PM - News (Adelaide will get a shortened 30 mins of News). I would think its unfair to miss the first 30 mins of the prematch of Origin for Adelaide and Perth viewers.
6:30PM - Origin Pre Match
7:30PM - Origin - NSW V QLD
9:30PM - Origin - Post Match

Iā€™d like to see 10 move their tentpole reality shows to 6.30pm then another block of reality/variety at 7.30pm followed by The Project at 8.30pm (or 9.30pm to make way for NCIS).

10 Peach could then encore the main channel programs on a +2 hour timeshift.

Keep the pregame on a multichannel.

If you think VIC doesnā€™t care about origin, SA and WA are well in front there.

2 Likes

Have you ever seen the first 30 minutes of the Origin pre-game shows? Personally I donā€™t think Adelaide & Perth would miss out on much (if anything) important by joining it mid-way through.

Most of the important SOO pre-game stuff (national anthem sing, team lineup previews, etc.) happens in the half hour before kick-off anyway.

I like the idea of shifting reality tentpole programming and The Project.

Iā€™d like to see The Project moved to 10pm with a late news bulletin at 11pm.

I know many donā€™t believe 10 should be moving news into the 6pm slot but I do believe their genuinely isnā€™t another option. Put together a superior product, promote the fucking shit out of it for a change and stick with it.

Local news presented in a different manner - perhaps standing presentation ala Studio 10, at 5pm.for 30 minutes. Game show at 5:30.

Reality programming should commence at 7pm with non reality programming from 8 - 10pm.

Australian content MUST however in my opinion occupy the 8pm slot.