Mock Schedules

My apologies. Ive had a lorn of other things on like dealing with parties last night and i was all over the place

Don’t seven and nine do it now with two separate editions?

Isnt the 5pm bulletin just long winded pointers to the 6pm news?

5.30 could do the same thing on weekends I guess. I just think consistency is key.

1 Like

Here is what I envisage would be on a channel called BRUCE TV - using his contacts from around the world plus the resources of Channel Ten.

This is what I think the weekday schedule would look like

Monday To Friday
Daytime
6:00am Entertainment Tonight
6:30am CBS This Morning
8:00am Dr Phil
9:00am Infomercials
10:00am Barney Miller (rotated with Maude second half of year)
10:30am Sanford and Son (rotated with Jack Klugmann’s The Odd Couple second half of year)
11:00am Bold and The Beautiful (encore)
11:30am Neighbours (encore)
12:00pm General Hospital
1:00pm Days of our Lives
2:00pm Young And The Restless
3:00pm Jeopardy (US Edition)
3:30pm Lets Make A Deal (US Edition)
4:30pm The Price Is Right (US Edition)
5:30pm Wheel Of Fortune (US Edition)
6:00pm Pointless

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Ten relaunching “Meet The Press” on Sunday mornings? I really do think this would be a nice little line up, and help promote the TEN News brand. A news bulletin and a sports program similar to Sports Tonight would be added to the line up.

Studio 10 - 8.00am
Meet the Press - 10.00am
Ten Morning News - 11.00am
Sports Sunday - 11.30am

I would like to see Seven take a new (and music-heavy) approach to their 2nd half after House Rules finishes:

July-September

Sorry about That! (Sunday) Same as the French show with Larry Emdur and Kylie Gillies hosting. Keeping the lives of everyday Australians under surveillance and then questioning the unsuspecting residents at the end of a month.

It Takes Two (Revived) (Monday-Tuesday) with Luke Jacobz hosting.

Rockwiz (Wednesday) a much fresher, more expensive style quiz with a focus on recent generation of rock music and not the pub style stuff SBS churned out, Julia Zemiro to host.

October-December

All Together Now (Sunday-Tuesday), expanded with additional rounds, wildcards and eliminations. Nat Bassingthwaighte to host.

1 Like

I read up about this format and I kinda dig it - the only issue that I foresee is that it might only work for a season as contestants may suspect being on the show for further seasons.

1 Like

Yeah that could potentially be an issue but I think it’s one that can be solved easily. Just find some new people every season.

Other than that, how do you like the schedule? As someone who hopes that Seven would innovate and improve their offerings in the 2nd half of the year, I hope something like this becomes the reality in the future.

Just thinking of some 8.30 formats to follow these shows as of right now. If you have any suggestions that would be great!

1 Like

I’m probably not the person to ask for opinion on them - I’m not overally crazy for the music centric shows that you listed.

But I could see them working for 7, if they want to stay the course - those shows are very 7 - board demographic skew, relatively safe but different to what they got now.

I would flip Larry & Julia hosting their shows. Taking a longtime host from a format is a dangerous game, in taking Julia away from Rockwiz. Plus I can see Larry being a better fit for “Sorry For That”.

I think the 8:30 slot should focus on local drama and truely fastracked American offerings (same day as the US with shows being available on 7Plus ASAP, no exceptions).

1 Like

I thought the same just now. I would probably also put Kylie Gillies on Sorry about That as well. They work together.

Just a shame that most of Seven’s schedule is filled with rubbish this year, like AGT, The Proposal, The Super Switch and crap.

I do think though that Sorry about That would be quite a risk because of the uncertainty involved. It would be quite similar to Big Brother, just very unsuspecting in comparison.

Agreed. Local drama is very important and Seven knows how to do dramas well. All they need is a few strong tentpoles and the dramas will work out.

2 Likes

I agree that those shows are crap (although Aus Got Talent is semi-similar to the shows you suggested)

But to rationalise the mess that will be Super-Switch, The Propsal - I guess that’s just 7 trying to jump on the bandwagon. Let’s just hope that those shows die a quick death.

1 Like

Typical of Seven really. The music shows that I proposed above would do way better than their current offerings. It Takes Two was popular back in 2008 and it’s been a while so it’s probably good to do a reboot. Sorry About That could become the next Big Brother while Rockwiz would be a good family friendly game show on a Wednesday.

Seven used to be great at producing these types of shows so they need to get back to their roots. And as a musician myself I would really like Seven to take this approach.

2 Likes

While I’m not normally one to watch 7, I agree - those kinds of shows are 7

I’m not sure how they would fill out the rest of the year, but the shows should be those that shy more away from the “scandal” & “controversy” (as has been the trend with some of their shows from the last few years - Bride & Prejudice, 7 Year-Switch, MKR (which seemingly can’t go an episode without someone saying something stupid).

2 Likes

I usually would say that Seven should target the younger demo, but then realised that there has to be a network that targets families, and thought that Seven was the only network that was able to do so and do well.

2 Likes

Possibly a different name for the Sunday sports program (due to the probability that Nine has copyrighted that name), maybe Sports Central or Sports Nation. Other forum members would probably have other ideas (please not The Sports Project unless its an evening program)

True. The sports program could also push out after midday too. I just think there is an open window at that time, that Ten could be using again to strengthen its news/sport and network brand. The use to do well in that slot a few years back.

Monday To Friday
Daytime
6:00am The Talk
7:00am CBS This Morning
8:30am Dr Phil
9:30am Infomercials
10:30am Alive And Cooking
11:00am Barney Miller (rotated with Maude second half of year)
11:30am Sanford and Son (rotated with Jack Klugmann’s The Odd Couple second half of year)
12:00pm Bold and The Beautiful (encore)
12:30pm Neighbours (encore)
1:00pm Days of our Lives
2:00pm Young And The Restless
3:00pm The Sullivans
3:30pm Lets Make A Deal (US Edition)
4:30pm The Price Is Right (US Edition)
5:30pm Wheel Of Fortune (US Edition)
6:00pm Pointless
6:30pm Jeopardy (US Edition)
7:00pm WIN News
7:00pm (NNSW, SA, WA) Entertainment Tonight

Monday
7:30pm Gold Coast Cops
8:00pm Baby Daddy
8:30pm Mini Series
10:30pm The Project
11:30pm Crawfords Classics Carsons Law
12:30am Lets Make A Deal (rpt)
1:30am Infomercials
3:30am The Price Is Right (rpt)
4:30am Wheel Of Fortune (rpt)
5:00am Jeopardy (rpt)
5:30am Entertainment Tonight

Tuesday
7:30pm Territory Cops
8:00pm Superstore
8:30pm Mini Series
11:30pm Crawfords Classics Carsons Law

Wednesday
7:30pm Undercover Boss
8:30pm Bergerac
9:40pm Fast Forward
10:40pm The Project
11:35pm Crawford Classics Matlock Police

Thursday
7:30pm The Dukes Of Hazzard
8:30pm 48 Hours
9:30pm Comedy Company
11:30pm Crawfords Classics Division 4

Friday
7:30pm Murphy Brown
8:00pm The Conners
8:30pm Cops
9:30pm Hill Street Blues
11:30pm Crawfords Classics Homicide
12:30am Bondi Rescue
1:00am Infomercials
3:00am Grant Denyers Family Feud

Saturday
6:00am Sports First
9:00am Fishing Australia
10:30am The Saddle Club
11:00am Totally Wild
11:30am KTV
12:00pm Hardgaves
1:00pm The Flying Doctors
2:00pm Good Chef Bad Chef
2:30pm Its A Knockout
3:30pm Grant Denyers Family Feud (rpt)
6:30pm Magnum PI
7:30pm Kojak
8:40pm Columbo
10:10pm Robotech: The New Generation
10:50pm It Aint Half Hot Mum
11:30pm Crawfords Classics Cop Shop
12:30am Its A Knockout
3:30am The Saddle Club
4:00am Totally Wild
4:30am KTV
5:00am Hour Of Power

Sunday
6:00am Sports First
8:00am Speers On Sunday
9:00am Fishing Australia
10:30am The Saddle Club
11:00am Totally Wild
11:30am KTV
12:00pm The Living Room
1:00pm Holiday Island
2:00pm Hueys Cooking Adventures
2:30pm Undercover Boss
3:30pm Pointless
6:00pm Full Time Live
7:00pm I Fish
7:30pm Bondi Rescue
8:00pm Operation Repo
9:00pm 48 Hours
10:00pm The Sunday Project
11:00pm Back Page
12:00am Fishing Australia (rpt)

I’m not too sure why you replied to me.

i am not sure why it replied to yours… maybe because your post was the last one idk