Mock Schedules

I agree whole heartedly with you here.

The options for the 5pm to 7:30pm are limited.

Firstly, you wouldnt move your 5pm news product and risk losing news viewers altogether.

Secondly, you have 3 real options for 6pm. One option is a news or sports based program, the second is retain a game show (perhaps try a know brand like Sale of the Century) or thirdly and least likely 4 reality franchises (screening a total of around 48 weeks between them with possibly Bondi Rescue/Bondi Vet for the balance of the year)

At 6:30pm The Project retained or shortened to half an hour (starting at 7pm) with a News presence in the 6:30pm slot

Yeah… nah.

In a nut shell, your schedule will put Ten at 5th behind SBS

Let’s be real, their main channels have more news than other programming 5-9, 11-12, 3-5, 6-7 (7:30 on 9) and 10:30-11 (on 7). That’s nearly half the day viewing already.

I agree I wouldn’t wanna see constant news between 3 and 7 on 7 and 9

National news has NEVER rated in the early evening. This is The 6:30 Project’s main problem. Local news rates… what… ten times higher!!! 10 are actually better off just dropping in local news at 6:30 than The Project. jb76’s idea is not bad.

Personally, I would do
10 News First @5
10 News First @6
The Project @ 7

If in theory Ten started their reality content at 7pm, what do you think Nine will do??? I doubt that Nine would continue screening ACA at 7pm, it would probably move back to 6:30pm. Hot Seat would probably screen at 4pm and Nine News Now would start anywhere between 2:30pm and 3pm (depending on the reality show screening beforehand)

This may also lead a re-think on Seven’s evening viewing (H&A possibly at 6:30pm).

If the oSeven and Nine resisted the temptation, I daresay ABC will have a crack at a 5pm bulletin

um, I was referring to jb76’s insistence that CBS will swoop in and drop the First from 10 News First. Nothing about the schedule.

What about replicating the Sydney studio nationwide (yes I understand some changes would need to be made to accommodate the scale in some states) and having a locally based ‘The Project’. Content could be much the same bar in studio guests.

News anchor just throws to local team with a camera sweep and the team on the couch previewing the upcoming show before set graphics are swapped out during the break.

You could do exactly the same thing in the mornings with a breakfast program and Studio 10 - albeit national.

Another thing that Nine could do in 2021. I feel as though Channel Nine is kind of news-centric and is lacking variety
6am - Today
9am - Today Extra
11am - Morning News
11:30am - Extra
12pm - Movie (there is speculation at the end of last year that Ellen will quit her talk show in 2020
2pm - Encore of reality show
4pm - localised arvo news
5pm - Hot Seat
6pm - News
6:30pm - ACA
7pm - Reality Show
8pm - Drama Show

FRIDAY
7pm - RBT (rpt)
7:30pm - NRL (in Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra).
7:30pm - Vet on the Hill (Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth)
8:30pm - Movie

Already discussed and dismissed as impractical.

So weird. Why would CBS drop the First when they just approved it?

Why would 9 do that? They are winning that 7pm timeslot. There would be no way they would change it.

OK I need to ask. Why would you start this is 2021? Why does it take close to two years to organise a schedule? Can it not be done in 2020?

Don’t try to fix what isn’t broken. 9 are competitive and win these timeslots. No need to change them.

Correct.

Here’s what I do if I was in charge on Nine Programming schedule for NRL in 2020

THURSDAY
6PM - News
7PM - ACA (The Pre-Match talk starts at the same timeslot on 9GEM)
7:30PM - NRL (SYD, BNE, Canberra)
7:30PM - RBT - VIC, SA, TAS, WA)
8PM - Young Sheldon - VIC, SA, TAS, WA
8:30PM - Drama Show - VIC, SA, TAS, WA)

FRIDAY
6PM - News
7PM - ACA (The Pre-Match Talk starts at the same timeslot on 9GEM)
7:30PM - NRL (SYD, BNE, Canberra)
7:30PM - Vet Series (VIC, SA, TAS, WA)
8:30PM - Movie (VIC, SA, TAS, WA)

SATURDAY (When it comes to August)
6PM - News
7PM - NRL (SYD, BNE, Canberra)
7PM - Movie (VIC, SA, TAS, WA)

Finals Time
FRIDAY
6pm - News
7pm - ACA (with Pre-match talk on 9GEM)
7:30pm - NRL (SYD, BNE, Canberra)
7:30PM - Vet on the Hill (VIC, SA, TAS, WA)
8:30PM - Movie (VIC, SA, TAS, WA)

SATURDAY
6PM - News
6:30PM - NRL Pre-Match (NSW, QLD, ACT) - rest of states on GEM
7PM - NRL (NSW, QLD, ACT) - rest of states on GEM
7PM - Movie (VIC, SA, TAS, WA)

10 WEEKDAYS

6am: Sports Tonight ÂŽ
6.30am: The Project ÂŽ
7am: Studio 10 no audience until 8.30am
11am: The Talk
12pm: Dr Phil
1pm: Replays etc.
3pm: Entertainment Tonight
3.30pm: Judge Judy
4pm: Cooking shows
4.30pm: The Bold and the Beautiful
5pm: Neighbours premiere episodes
5.30pm: 10 News First (Local) national bulletins air 5.30-7pm on weekends
6.30pm: 10 News First (Local)
7pm: The Project

-Primetime-

9.30pm: 10 News First (Local)
10.30pm: Sports Tonight
11.00pm: The Project ÂŽ
11.30pm: Colbert

For later this year, I can see the following schedule being formed:

July-October
7/7:30 - Survivor (Sunday-Tuesday)/Bachelor (Wednesday-Thursday)/Living Room (Friday)/Saturday Night with Rove (Saturday)
8:30 - Mr Black (Sunday), HYBPA (Monday), American Imports (Tuesday), Playing for Keeps (Wednesday), Gogglebox (Thursday)

October-last week of 2019
7/7:30 - The Masked Singer (Sunday-Monday)/Ambulance Australia (Tuesday)/Bachelorette (Wednesday-Thursday)/Living Room (Friday)/Saturday Night with Rove (Saturday)
8:30 - American Import (Sunday), HYBPA (Monday), American Import (Tuesday), The Secret she Keeps (Wednesday), Gogglebox (Thursday)

I cant see anyone making 90 minutes of news on weekends.

TEN’s Programming on a Saturday
6AM - Morning Programs
7AM - RPM (encore)
7:30AM - Escape Fishing (rpt)
8AM - iFish
9am - Studio 10 SAT
12pm - Lifestyle programs
4Pm - Fishing Australia (with WIN TV having it at 4:30PM)
4:30PM - What’s up Down Under
5PM - 10 News First
6PM - Best of Pointless AU (10 will pick any episode from Monday to Friday)
6:30Pm - The Project Highlights (taken via Melbourne)
7Pm - Bondi Vet
7:30pm - Ambulance Australia (rpt)
8:45pm - Ambulance UK
10pm - NCIS: New Orleans
11:00pm - Elementary

10 doesn’t have the program anymore. It’s on Nine.