Mock Schedules

Haven’t they tried Judy at 6pm? Don’t get me wrong, it likely can’t do any worse than Pointless so in the interim could be worth a shot.

When did they try it? I always thought it was just bold and the beautiful that was tried.

Hmm maybe that was it. I thought Judy was thrown in around the time of the “news revolution”

I am not sure. I didn’t think it was but you could be right. I just think she could be a cheap option and could possibly be successful.

Late ‘90s IIRC.

1 Like

Perhaps 10 could just leave the game shows that are stripped for now and just leave daytime as it is? Later they could look at some clever game shows that air weekly rather than every night. They could make these shows big event television like Millionaire used to be. Look at how well hard quiz does on ABC, there is a place for a game show in a weekly slot.

2012 on Saturdays. Lasted a few months before being replaced by The Simpsons

An idea for 7 early evenings

4:30 The Chase Australia
5:30 Home and Away
6:00 7 News
6:30 Today Tonight
7:00 7 News

If Home and Away is forced out of 7pm then 5:30pm is not a bad idea. But it shouldn’t be forced out for more news.

1 Like

The Channel Seven Schedule of 2020.
5:30AM - Sunrise
9AM - The Morning Show
11AM - Morning News
11:30AM - Home and Away (encore)
12 noon - Movie
2PM - The Daily Edition
3PM - The Chase UK
4PM - Localised Arvo News
4:30PM - The Chase
5:30PM - Home and Away
6PM - News
6:30PM - Today Tonight (only in Adelaide/Perth. Perhaps if Darwin viewers get Adelaide Bulletins due to same timezone in April-September)
7PM - Reality Show/AFL Countdown (Melbourne/TAS). [Adelaide to get first 30 Mins of coverage on 7mate before moving to Primary Channel. Rest of states stay on 7Mate.]
7:30PM - AFL

1 Like

I would suggest 4.30pm would be more likely for H&A. No way Seven would be stupid enough to touch something that is working fairly well (The Chase).

1 Like

Would 4:30 count towards their quota?

(I should eat my words out)
A 4:30pm timeslot for hAA will be ideal as this competes against 10’s bold and beautiful. I think this will eventually work for 7.

1 Like

I actually like this idea. The only possible change would be in the Eastern states, I would have TT head to head with ACA. Friday nights WA/SA/NT could drop the 7pm edition for AFL.

Also as a side note, I would encore H&A on 7Two at 7pm (just so the folk that miss the earlier screening can catch up)

1 Like

I would actually change this schedule slightly
5:00AM - Sunrise - Axe the 5am news and give a headstart on Today
8:30AM - The Morning Show - Its already no 1 morning show in its slot - thinking go head to head with Studio 10 and get a headstart on Today Extra
11AM - Eleven AM - Revive the morning news/public affairs program that ended in 1999 replacing the Morning News
12 noon - Movie
2PM - The Daily Edition
3PM - Home and Away (encore) - The Chase UK could move to 7Two and screen at 3:30pm (as a lead in I would screen Million Dollar Minute at 2pm and Deal or No Deal repeats on 7TWO at 3pm to form a 2 and half hour game show block)
3:30PM - Localised Arvo News - retain the 1 hour news service here
4:30PM - The Chase
5:30PM - Home and Away

1 Like

Yes agree. I would love to see the return of a 11AM. But then again, it’s not cheap to produce for only an audience of 90k

1 Like

But if i was more like the morning news was and not doing as many live feeds to other locations, it could work.

From what I can tell, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with what Seven currently airs between 11am and midday.

6pm to 7.30pm (particularly in Sydney & Melbourne) however, is a totally different story.

And the 6pm bulletins and Home and Away should be axed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Another scenario for Nine (weekdays) in 2022
5AM - Today Show (replaces the Early News - rebrand the name and use a different logo)
8:30AM - Today Extra. (Try and compete against Studio 10, where they had another head start.
11AM - Morning News -
11:30AM - Extra
12 Noon - Movie (At the end of last year, there was speculation that Ellen DeGeneres will quit TV in 2020.)
2PM - Realty Show encore (remove News Now as having two consecutive news bulletins in afternoons is overkill).
4PM - Localised Arvo News
5PM - A Quiz Show
6PM - Nine News
7PM - Reality Show (ACA moved to late Night at 10 Noon
8:10PM - Drama