Mock Schedules

It’s not up for grabs. 9Gem has added more infomercials overnight

But didnt they run infomercials 24/7 on 9Extra?

Just looked at 9GEM’s schedule and doesn’t it look atrocious. Infomercials from 1am to 10:30am weekdays (with 2 half hour religious programs inserted into it to break it up - at 4:30am and 7:00am weekedays) and Saturday from 4am til 10:00am and Sunday from 4:00am to 6:30am and 9:00am til 10:00am.

And then 9 itself on Saturday and Sunday morning screening infomercials for 3 hours and 3 and a half hours respectively - thats getting as bad as Ten. I know its more or less a graveyard when it comes to viewers, but there is such a thing as too much on a channel - moreso on a main channel - My suggestion below would mean that Nine does not reduce any of its infomercials overall but just shift some of the content around so that some stations arent flooded whilst others don’t screen any of the content.

Personally, I think that some of these infomercials could screen for 1 hour on 9Go in the small hours of the morning. As an example, if Nine say limited infomercials (and religion) on the main channel to 2 hours a day, then they could easily screen that on 9Go. If they also had say a 2 hour break between say 7:00am and 9:00am Monday to Saturday and 6am til 7am on Sundays. Below would be a proposed schedule for 9GEM.

9GEM
Monday to Friday
1:00am Infomercials
4:30am Joyce Meyer
5:00am Infomercials
6:30am Creflo A Dollar
7:00am A Current Affair
7:30am Ellen
8:30am As Time Goes By
9:00am Infomercials
12:00pm As per schedule

Saturday
1:00am Call and Win
3:00am Infomercials
7:00am Skippy
7:30am Rainbow Country
8:00am The Avengers
10:30am As Per Schedule

Sunday
1:00am Call and Win
3:00am Infomercials
6:00am Rainbow Country
6:30am Skippy
7:00am Leading The Way
7:30am Beyond Today
8:00am Key Of David
8:30am The Incredible Journey
10:30am As Per Schedule

Yes I know I have suggested Infomercials run to midday weekdays, my other thought is maybe end infomercials on 9GEM at 11:00am and screen them at 11:00am on 9GO and move Friends to Midday - but them thats only shifting from one channel to another and then content would be needed for the 11:00am slot on 9GEM

2 program ideas (possibly Summer Fillers)

1. Bang For Your Buck - either loosely based on Bargain Hunt.

2. Australia’s Most Talented Pet - Competition loosely based on Australia’s Got Talent, but only for pets

I think they’re quite suitable for fillers, nothing more.

If they can be on the cheap, maybe even on Saturday nights

I would think Saturday daytime would be more likely.

Another possible programming idea is a program called Bare Essentials . The concept of the show would be based on how long the contestants could go without using modern technologies - including internet, computers and mobile phones.

Basically the question would be, could the contestants restrict themselves to the technologies available in the 1980s?

Sounds like some form of Big Brother.

Without going too far, here’s how Seven’s future reality tentpole schedule should look like:

Jan-April: MKR
May-July: House Rules
August-October: Little Big Shots/All Together Now (as much as there’s little hope out there for the show, if it works then they should commission a second season)
November-December: Just Desserts/Instant Hotel/Celebrity MKR or something along the lines of that.

With rumours that Big Brother might make a return, Seven would be wise to poach it if they actually want an established brand for the 2nd half of the year. They did it with the X Factor and it did well for many years so they should give Big Brother a go.

That last half looks too similar to this years. And in my opinion it hasn’t worked

1 Like

Yeah it does too after looking back at it. I’m at a loss at what they can do.

All Together Now has been held back to October though - I think it all depends what each show is up against.

Perhaps Seven could do an extension of House Rules, - comprising of 18 episodes where each state has 4 teams competing against each other over 3 nights eg team a v team b and team c v team d, the winner from that competition would play each other to determine who would compete in the next season of House Rules. If they themed it in a 60 Minute Makeover style program, filmed in (almost) real time . Obviously they would have time external to the show to arrange for the merchandise they need. If screened in Late December/Early January It could air from 7:00pm til 8:30pm 3 nights a week.

Too many stop starts. Perhaps they could do something like BH&G Presents Charity Begins At Home - Do household renovations for those that give or help out in the community. These can be “stand alone” specials that would be better suited to viewer taste than those LOL specials

No thanks.

@turdall you seem to want to disagree or challenge anyone else’s suggestions - I have not seen you agree with anyone. I think you are a person that likes arguing for argument’s sake.

Another suggestion - Just for you @turdall - World’s Worst Television - this could potentially include clips from Australia and around the world. - could air at YOUR prize 9:30 timeslot - then maybe clips from Uncle Douggies Australia’s Naughtiest Home Videos could be shown

Is it just me or does all of your ideas come from the 80s?

1 Like

Given the fact most other ideas of moderate interest have been exhausted, I think we need to recycle old concepts and put a fresh face on them. Its like the notes on a piano - there are only so many notes that can be played

I do have ideas for secondary channels, but more than likely, these wouldn’t see the light of day as its cheaper to fill the schedules with cheap imports.

I will give my ideas anyway, but as I said these probably wouldn’t even be considered due to costs

Trash Or Treasure - @Tom_TV7 would probably view it as a show similar to 1987-1987 Australian Antiques series For Love Or Money

Restoration Destination - Teams compete to restore old cars to “like New” condition.

Suggest something good and I will agree.

Bad Behaviour - Shows video footage of people behaving badly. With cameras all around us, who knows what you will see. Could possibly do " themed" episodes such as bachelor party night footage. They could potentially obtain footage from around the world.

Keep trying.