Mock Schedules

That’s just a hangover from radio - news on the hour EVERY hour

Perhaps they could air Ten News (First at Five) on delay at 6:30pm on One - they could air The Project encore at 9:30pm on One

Forget timeslots and focus first on content creation and then pipeline. Is the news service up to scratch compared to Seven, Nine or the ABC?

Axe Ten First At Five news altogether and replace it with a breakfast style program (retain the tile The Project) screening from 5pm to 7:30pm, 7 days a week?

I am inclined to agree that the current Ten News product is useless. They need to look at maintaing resources but collaborating more and changing the way the news service is delivered. If they want to chase the 16-39 demo and make money again, they should reach out to BuzzFeed or news.com.au and partner for nightly news delivered really differently. Alternatively TenDaily News could become the main news program with more of a focus on infotainment intersecting with major national news stories. They need a point of difference and Ten Eyewitness News is not delivering. Copying Nine and Seven, or being a pale imitation hasn’t worked and won’t.

2 Likes

Ten’s schedule from August (with several shows’ premiere dates confirmed)
Sunday
7.30pm Russell Coight’s All Aussie Adventures
8.00pm Street Smart
8.30pm drama TBA
9.30pm Sports Tonight

Monday
7.30pm The Bachelor Australia
8.40pm Have You Been Paying Attention?

Tuesday
7.30pm The Bachelor Australia
8.40pm Shark Tank

Wednesday
7.30pm Australian Survivor
8.40pm Instinct

Thursday
7.30pm Australian Survivor
8.40pm drama TBA

1 Like

Aren’t Russell Coight eps only 30 mins? If so it’s the same with Street Smart.

If Shark Tank has another 13 episodes then the season finale should be on Tuesday 7th August. Likewise Instinct should be wrapping up on 8th August so it will be interesting to see what Ten has in store for the 8:30pm Tuesday & Wednesday slots (and Thursday for that matter) for the second week of August.

1 Like

Might be doing like with Young Sheldon on Nine (double eps)

Possibly, but if the show is made for 30 minute episodes then it would be a shame to just lazily programme two back to back episodes since there are only 8 episodes in total. Pairing it with another new 30 minute similar show would be a better option given the interest in Coight and extending the value of the show for longer.

1 Like

Don’t forget ten have more Hughesy coming plus more gogglebox. I would say that Footballers Wives will either be on Tuesdays or Wednesdays depending on where Bachelor goes. They also have Julia Morris’s dating show and the secret life of five years olds to come.

*Four :wink:

1 Like

haha cheers. Can’t keep up with all the shows.

1 Like

I wonder if Ten (CBS) will try to negotiate to get the spin off The Conners or whether they will cut their losses with anything Roseanne Barr related

maybe Bind Date could air 8pm til 9pm with Street Smart at 9:00pm on Sundays

Seems a bit of an odd flow if they did that.

Channel 9 in 1995

7:30pm Australia’s Funniest Home Video Show
8:00pm Don’t Forget Your Toothbrush

1 Like

What has that got to do with your suggested schedule?

from memory they had a 9pm comedy, at i can’t remember what that was

In 1995??? Ok… So 25 years ago they had a comedy at 9pm? I’m sorry I just don’t think that flow makes sense. Comedy - dating show - comedy. Seems a bit muddled up there. Would make more sense doing comedy - comedy - dating show.

1 Like

Don’t Forget Your Toothbrush was supposed to be light comedy - I think it only lasted a few weeks at 8pm before being bumped to 8:30pm - @TelevisionAU may be able to clarify this. (about whether Don"t Forget Your Toothbrush was at 8pm then at 8:30pm)

Julia Morris is supposed to be a comedienne so it does make some sense ( besides, Ten had Roseanne as a stand alone 9pm comedy)