Mock Schedules

You are talking about a schedule that was around 20 years ago. Anyway Ten obviously aren’t going to do what you suggested Street Smart is after Russel.

Don’t be too sure, after all I suggested that a Roseanne spin-off may be in the pipeline and everyone dismissed the idea over the Roseanne debacle

I will admit you could be right with the possible 8:30pm timeslot for Blind Date, but only if Street Smart is at 8:00pm on that night (as you said, after Russel (sic))

Ten have already announce street smart for 8pm Sundays.

Here https://twitter.com/StreetSmart_AU/status/1018634905868095489

BUT YET

Announced after he did that.

I will believe what is being said when I see it, much like the people on the Roseanne thread when I suggested they may do a Hogan Family style spin off of Roseanne

What??? The link was posted above…

This thread hurts my head.

3 Likes

This and other threads have predicted so many things - some right and some wrong, but 2 things I have noted about this thread and when talking about Channel 10

1. Ten doesnt always do the predictable - look at Sports Tonight airing mid-evening Sunday nights - so what I suggested is a possibility with Ten management at the moment

2. The people on this and other threads predicted so many options to replace Family Feud - the show Ten has announced Pointless as well as Game of Games and The Weakest Link - I think even at one point Blind Date was mentioned by someone. The Weakest Link revival has been coming and going since 2008 where it was suggested that Gretel Kileen might take the reigns - as yet it is still to be anything more than a rumour.

Basically, whatever happens, happens and Ten did think outside the box 25 years or so ago when they launched the First at Five News - something I was sceptical about, but the product has survived.

Irrespective of what thread it is, I think @turdall’s point is that you were still questioning whether Street Smart would be paired with Russell Coight even after it had been confirmed that it would be premiering on the same night as Coight following it at 8pm. Simple

Arghhhh you are not getting it at all!!!

2 Likes

Yes I noticed Ten announced the premiere date of Street Smart after I did the original post. Given the poor ratings of Sports Tonight, there has to be a new drama at 8.30pm Sundays.

What I think Ten might/should do next year after I’m a Celebrity.

Sunday
6:00
6:30 The Project
7:30 Game of Games
8:30 Sunday Night Takeaway
9:30 Sports Tonight

Monday
7:30 Dancing With The Stars
9:30 Ten Late News

Tuesday
7:30 Bachelor in Paradise
8:30 Hughesy We Have a Problem

Wednesday
8:30 Australian drama

Thursday
8:30 Gogglebox

I am not sure the Bachelor format will be as popular next year given flood of dating shows. Tuesday-Thursday may be a bit much.

Have to agree - I think Ten needs to explore a new concept or re-visit old concepts - such as Big Brother, New Faces/Star Search, a weekly game show such as The Weakest Link, Lets Make A Deal or Press Your Luck, possibly an Australian version of Bargain Hunt, another Dance based show possibly called Dance Off with one winner each week, or a condensed version of Hey Hey.

Preferably something new though so you don’t bore your audience

You could be right but can’t see ten investing in another 7:30 show

The problem for all networks, not just Ten is that people bore so easily. Gone are the days of 40+ Weeks a year of the same drama program with exception of Neighbours and Home and Away and its the same with other formats too.

The networks need to look at what they can do to arrest viewer decline

Surely they can afford to do market research? Focus groups etc.

1 They already use focus groups and 2 If they are so disconnected to the audience that they need to mainly rely on focus groups maybe the job isn’t right for them?

Focus groups can influence the path, but they should not be relied upon for key decision making.